Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Hong Fu TM6 Avenger Brakes and rear wheel width ???
Quote | Reply
Hi Guys,
About to order an Avenger, but can anyone clarify what brakes are compatible.
By all accounts they're both direct mount, but the only picture I've found of the front brake is of the TRP mini v-brake style.
Will the rear accept one of the Shimano BR-R8010 numbers?
Also, does anyone know what wheel width fits in the frame?
Thanks,
Pat.
Quote Reply
Re: Hong Fu TM6 Avenger Brakes and rear wheel width ??? [Avoneer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Avoneer wrote:
Hi Guys,
About to order an Avenger, but can anyone clarify what brakes are compatible.
By all accounts they're both direct mount, but the only picture I've found of the front brake is of the TRP mini v-brake style.
Will the rear accept one of the Shimano BR-R8010 numbers?
Also, does anyone know what wheel width fits in the frame?
Thanks,
Pat.

They announced a Disc brake version recently (not on website yet, but on their facebook-page). Might wanna check that out (resale value or if you just like disc brakes better).

As for the rear, I'm not sure..
Quote Reply
Re: Hong Fu TM6 Avenger Brakes and rear wheel width ??? [Cnasta] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi,
Thanks for that, but I'll be staying with rim brakes.
Not enough wheel choices to justify discs yet and I've never had a problem stopping with rim brakes.
Pat.
Quote Reply
Re: Hong Fu TM6 Avenger Brakes and rear wheel width ??? [Avoneer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Watch for cable interference with the chainrings.

These are the listed calipers for that bike: https://www.aliexpress.com/...ear/32820170280.html

Quote Reply
Re: Hong Fu TM6 Avenger Brakes and rear wheel width ??? [rruff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's perfect. Thanks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did you manage to mount a Shimano BR-R8010-R onto the bike? I am trying to do the same thing, but the threads of the TRP stand-offs are much larger than the 5mm Shimano bolts.
Quote Reply
Re: Hong Fu TM6 Avenger Brakes and rear wheel width ??? [jerome2710] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi,

Due to lack of response from HongFu, I went a different route and bought a different bike.

So sorry, can't help.

Pat.
Quote Reply