Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

AlboPads / Al Bodine Pads -- Do these exist anymore?
Quote | Reply
I was hoping to buy a second set of AlboPads for when I travel with two bikes, but it seems like the company has fallen off the face of the earth. The domain albopads.com is done, and the email address for Al Bodine, which relies on that domain, bounces back. Can these be bought anymore? If not, is there anyone else making something similar? These pads are really great for protecting your bike while you travel, saving time packing and unpacking the bike, and relieving you of any sort of reliance on bubble wrap / piping insulation.

This is not a troll.

Quote Reply
Re: AlboPads / Al Bodine Pads -- Do these exist anymore? [kileyay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kileyay wrote:
I was hoping to buy a second set of AlboPads for when I travel with two bikes, but it seems like the company has fallen off the face of the earth. The domain albopads.com is done, and the email address for Al Bodine, which relies on that domain, bounces back. Can these be bought anymore? If not, is there anyone else making something similar? These pads are really great for protecting your bike while you travel, saving time packing and unpacking the bike, and relieving you of any sort of reliance on bubble wrap / piping insulation.

This is not a troll.

Dan had some for sale in a post and I replied but never heard back. I think he mentioned they are not around anymore. I would LOVE a set myself!
Quote Reply
Re: AlboPads / Al Bodine Pads -- Do these exist anymore? [ggeiger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ggeiger wrote:
Dan had some for sale in a post and I replied but never heard back. I think he mentioned they are not around anymore. I would LOVE a set myself!

we had a few dozen from a liquidation we acquired. my practice is to sell that stuff to slowtwitchers are pretty stupidly low prices. the casualty of that is that we get a lot of responses. so, i limited the email to only about a third of our list and we still got several hundred people who wanted to buy, to the point where i'm noodling just manufacturing them myself because the demand is so much greater than i thought. or, helping someone else manufacture them.

bottom line, we sold out in 15 minutes.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: AlboPads / Al Bodine Pads -- Do these exist anymore? [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I also am an unlucky responder to Dan’s sale. Here is a vote for Slowman manufacturing these!
Quote Reply
Re: AlboPads / Al Bodine Pads -- Do these exist anymore? [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
ggeiger wrote:

we had a few dozen from a liquidation we acquired. my practice is to sell that stuff to slowtwitchers are pretty stupidly low prices. the casualty of that is that we get a lot of responses. so, i limited the email to only about a third of our list and we still got several hundred people who wanted to buy, to the point where i'm noodling just manufacturing them myself because the demand is so much greater than i thought. or, helping someone else manufacture them.

I think it would be a great idea. Put me on your list!

Gary Geiger
http://www.geigerphoto.com Professional photographer

TEAM KiWAMi NORTH AMERICA http://www.kiwamitri.com, Rudy Project http://www.rudyprojectusa.com, GU https://guenergy.com/shop/ ; Salming World Ambassador; https://www.shopsalming.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I never realized how high in demand these things were until your e-mail. I have a set that came with an aerus biospeed soft case I bought in 2011. I'm going to make sure I hold on to these even tighter now.

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
ggeiger wrote:

I'll bet Emilio could whip those out pretty easily and quickly with his capabilities. Designer style even.....
Quote Reply
Re: AlboPads / Al Bodine Pads -- Do these exist anymore? [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:
I never realized how high in demand these things were until your e-mail.

me neither.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: AlboPads / Al Bodine Pads -- Do these exist anymore? [kileyay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How much did these cost? I tried to buy them too, and I found an old website that had them listed for something like $140 Canadian, but sold out. After I couldn’t find any, I went to the hardware store and found it was incredibly cheap just to buy pipe insulation and velcro straps, like under $10. I know it will tear and need to be replaced every few trips, but still...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not sure if this is updated, but the website copyright says 2018...found some HERE. Not cheap.
Quote Reply
Re: AlboPads / Al Bodine Pads -- Do these exist anymore? [ggeiger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a set I got a while back, but when Dan mentioned them in the drop a few months back I figured on more set would be good to keep on hand. Took two emails but got my set thanks to Dan and Monty.

LOVE mine and if you're using a soft case they are a must imo.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
stevej wrote:
I never realized how high in demand these things were until your e-mail.

me neither.

As someone else alluded, why not make them with left overs from making wetsuits (i.e. Emilio)?

I believe my local reality has been violated.