Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Kona banquets
Quote | Reply
Thinking about maaaaybe getting some tickets for pre OR post race banquets for friends/fam. I'm guessing the food will not be anywhere worth $55/person, but is there anything else that might make it a good idea or worth it in some way? Aside from IM France, I've never been to a race banquet that I would pay for, but I've not yet been to Kona.
Quote Reply
Re: Kona banquets [friskyDingo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
these banquet questions always come up for Kona. If you're going to Kona for the first time, I highly suggest the post-race champions banquet. yes, the food isn't awe inspiring, but the fire dancers and music will be. I haven't been to the other banquet, so I can't speak for that. Another tip: go to the post-race banquet EARLY. The general admission seating is widespread, and if you wait too long to go, you'll be all the way in the back, and you'll need opera glasses to see the stage. Enjoy!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i haven't been to the post one I only went to the pre race banquet when i was there spectating, and if it was my first time I would recommend it. I think it all adds to the experience. a lot of people go
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
$55 ... YGTBSM!!! Ironman Regensburg was the only banquet I've ever done that was worth the money for family. Other than that one magnificent exception I always feel like a patsy when I pay. I paid for a welcome banquet ticket at 70.3 WC a few weeks ago
... what a disappointment. I will be at Kona in 2019 on a Legacy slot but I will pass on the banquet "experience". #RipOff
Quote Reply