Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

BB86 press fit - stick with Shimano?
Quote | Reply
Given the relativity low rpm is there much value in going for the more expensive BB's like UCB over the stock Shimano press fits?
Quote Reply
Re: BB86 press fit - stick with Shimano? [boing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not sure but I have been looking at getting a BBInfinite bottom bracket for my road bike. I replaced the standard Ultegra derailleur pulleys already with BBInfinite and they are very nice. But I don't have any practical experience with their bottom bracket other than being tempted to get one.
Quote Reply
Re: BB86 press fit - stick with Shimano? [Benv] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Seen way too many stories about bbinfinite wiggling out. Bought a wheels manufacturing angular contact bearing bb and am loving it so far.
Quote Reply
Re: BB86 press fit - stick with Shimano? [boing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Has your bike with bb86 been pretty noise and maintenance free?
If yes, I would stick with a Shimano. Heck, you can get a Dura-Ace for like $25.

I have had 2 Scotts with bb86-bb’s, they always ran quiet. I did replace the B.B. on the cross bike (with another Shimano)-but only after a ton of use in all sorts of weather. And part of the change was predicated on the replacement being super cheap. I could have continued to ride the original.
Quote Reply
Re: BB86 press fit - stick with Shimano? [bootsie_cat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bootsie_cat wrote:
Has your bike with bb86 been pretty noise and maintenance free?
If yes, I would stick with a Shimano. Heck, you can get a Dura-Ace for like $25.

I have had 2 Scotts with bb86-bb’s, they always ran quiet. I did replace the B.B. on the cross bike (with another Shimano)-but only after a ton of use in all sorts of weather. And part of the change was predicated on the replacement being super cheap. I could have continued to ride the original.

It has been pretty good until recently when it has started to make a bit of noise. Cannot really complain though.
Quote Reply