Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

P5 6 basebar or elbow pad tilt?
Quote | Reply
Had a great 4 hr fit yesterday (!) with JT at Moment and we determined that some bar tilt up would be very good for me. We chatted about the inability of the currrent integrated 3T setup to do it and maybe the idea of some wedges under the elbow pads. I don’t want to change to the 3 fork so I am checking to see if any of you have done this successfully and safely since we are concerned the elbow pad allen screws may rub unevenly and eventually crack something. I’m also going to change my aero bars shape but the tilt is the key for me. Would love to hear about/see any pics of your solutions.
Thank you.
Quote Reply
Re: P5 6 basebar or elbow pad tilt? [maninthearena] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There is a guy in the uk making pad wedges for most of the popular aero bar set ups. His name is kingswann you will find a thread about these wedges on the timetrialling forum. They are cheap and very simple but work beautifully, the pads a rock solid, but the angle makes all the difference -, I am using the 10degree wedges on a Zipp Vuka setup. He also does 20 degree wedges.

http://www.timetriallingforum.co.uk/...ents#comment-1776093
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
it's very simple... just put washers under the front bolt of the aerobar pads. I've been doing it for years.

Also, +1 to the 3D printed spacers coming out of the UK... I have some of those as well.

All of this is best combined with ski bend extensions.

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
https://www.revolverwheels.co.uk/shop/components/20-degree-arm-rest-wedges/

10,15 &20 dergree

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Alpha One is best option.... I never put the 3T setup on my bike because the adjustability was horrible.... I am in SD if you want to see setup.
Last edited by: scca_ita: Sep 22, 18 17:47
Quote Reply
Re: P5 6 basebar or elbow pad tilt? [scca_ita] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
On a P5/6?
Photos ?
Quote Reply
Re: P5 6 basebar or elbow pad tilt? [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Same thing I have done, easy cheap effective.

ericMPro wrote:
it's very simple... just put washers under the front bolt of the aerobar pads. I've been doing it for years.

Also, +1 to the 3D printed spacers coming out of the UK... I have some of those as well.

All of this is best combined with ski bend extensions.

2024: Bevoman, Galveston, Alcatraz, Marble Falls, Santa Cruz
Quote Reply
Re: P5 6 basebar or elbow pad tilt? [cgrubb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thx!
Quote Reply
Re: P5 6 basebar or elbow pad tilt? [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thx!
Quote Reply
Re: P5 6 basebar or elbow pad tilt? [Clutch Cargo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thx!
Quote Reply
Re: P5 6 basebar or elbow pad tilt? [scca_ita] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I will pm you. In SD and would like to see. Photos here would be appreciated also.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’ve mounted the Alpha X to a P5-6. I can post pictures later but if you PM are your email number I can send you a bunch of pictures of both the process and the final product.