Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Props to Garmin customer service
Quote | Reply
Just thought I would share my most recent experience with Garmin’s customer service. I had a 920 that had the altimeter go bad. I had previously had the 910 which I went through 3 of those. First 2 had the altimeter problem and the 3rd had the charging problem. So I called them and explained I had been through several of their watches and was getting frustrated with the altimeter issue. The agent said give me a minute and I’ll pull up your file and see what I can do. He comes back on the line a minute later and says, I understand your frustration and we’ll be sending you a brand new in the box (not a refurbished) 935, our newest tri watch. I asked if there was a quick release kit available for the 935 (since I had one on my 920) and he said yes, I’ll add one of those also. My 920 was 18 months old and not under warranty anymore. I was expecting them to give me a refurbished like model as they had in the past, but they definitely went above and beyond.
I know people are split on Garmin. On one hand they have great customer service. On the other hand people say they should fix their designs so they don’t have so many failures. I can understand the later, but applaud them when they take care of the customer.

Let food be thy medicine...
Quote Reply
Re: Props to Garmin customer service [JackStraw13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow, I wish they would do this for me instead of being on my 5th 920xt because of the altimeter issues!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I stupidly scratched the screen of my 820. I contacted Garmin who told me to send it to them.
A week later it was returned free of charge with a new screen.
Can’t argue with that at all! Very good customer service.
Quote Reply
Re: Props to Garmin customer service [Phil Hodson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
From the other hand I've recently contacted Garmin with Fenix3 issues - corroded charging pins, start/stop button problems and corroded battery compartment in HR belt (noticed this during first battery replacement). They told me that it's my fault and they won't do this on warranty. They told me that charging pinas are made from stainless steel there is no possibilty of corrosion, and corroded HRM must be fault, because they are sure that it was correctly assembled in factory.
They offer replacement watch for half the price, but my watch is still under warranty.

Suunto customer care was even better. They told that altimeter problem is caused bu usage of rubbber sole shoes and clothes made from various materials and low contrast display was caused by sun exposure. So with Ambit you must run naked by night ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yep - I have to hand it to Garmin. I had altimeter issues on my 920xt and they replaced it, free of charge. Really nice to see they stand by their products. I'm so sick of other companies these days putting products on the market that don't work/aren't tested and then not providing customer support or service.

Well done Garmin!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had same treatment as you. My 735 was out of warrently. Refurbished one lasted for 2 days, long story short they sent me brand new one.

Top notch service in the UK.
Quote Reply