Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Thanksgiving dinner might be a little awkward this year
Quote | Reply
For the Gosar family.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Thanksgiving dinner might be a little awkward this year [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Damn. Now THAT'S a broken family ...

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: Thanksgiving dinner might be a little awkward this year [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bitterness over not being named executor of mom and dad’s will?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've heard of dysfunctional families but WOW!!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Thanksgiving dinner might be a little awkward this year [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
But isn't flipping supposed to be illegal.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
YOWSER .. i want to know the rest of the story.

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Re: Thanksgiving dinner might be a little awkward this year [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DavHamm wrote:
YOWSER .. i want to know the rest of the story.

Same here. So, I did some poking. Now, check this article. Apparently, the split went public about a year ago and has gotten worse. But, here are some interesting comments from the article:

"I think my brother has traded a lot of the values we had at our kitchen table," sister Joan Gosar says in another.

Now, contrast that with this statement at the end of the article:

They also acknowledged that their parents' political views are more closely aligned with Paul Gosar's than their own.

https://www.azcentral.com/...id-brill/1384317002/

Now, think about that. Those comments seem to contradict one another. The siblings basically say he was not raise that way, but, then admit their parents are aligned with Paul's political views, not their own.

Apparently, the rift started with his comments in Oct 2017 regarding George Soros: https://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/...mbarrassment-9820636

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Re: Thanksgiving dinner might be a little awkward this year [jkca1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jkca1 wrote:
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!

Just wow?

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
jkca1 wrote:
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!

Just wow?

WOW WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In more than one household.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/...5b74e4b0181540dcf758

A Minnesota state representative has abandoned his re-election bid after learning that Minnesota Public Radio News was working with his daughter on a story about her accusations that he inappropriately touched her for years.
In a statement on Friday, state Rep. Jim Knoblach (R) said he learned last week that his 23-year-old daughter, Laura Knoblach, contacted MPR with the accusations, which led him to end his campaign for the Minnesota House of Representatives.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
 Maybe they tried to get him not to run but failed. i hope i'd do something if one of my siblings was in a position of power and started to turn into Alex Jones.

Seems despite this he is still expected to win quite easily.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My name is Dr. David Brill and I approve this message, along with most of Paul Gosar's family, too.
Quote Reply
Re: Thanksgiving dinner might be a little awkward this year [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
cerveloguy wrote:

Actually, it looks to me like a moderate and reasonable family who don't like their name being trashed by their one dysfunctional sibling.

Have you looked at Paul Gosar's history and policy positions? On just about any issue you can imagine, he is "off the charts" crazy. Not merely wrong, but demented. It's no wonder they want to distance themselves from him, and limit his damage.
Quote Reply
Re: Thanksgiving dinner might be a little awkward this year [Bone Idol] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bone Idol wrote:
JSA wrote:

cerveloguy wrote:

Actually, it looks to me like a moderate and reasonable family who don't like their name being trashed by their one dysfunctional sibling.

Have you looked at Paul Gosar's history and policy positions? On just about any issue you can imagine, he is "off the charts" crazy. Not merely wrong, but demented. It's no wonder they want to distance themselves from him, and limit his damage.

Here's his wiki page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Gosar

Can you really argue that he doesn't comfortably fall under the umbrella of policy positions espoused by the GOP? Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that his positions aren't demented... I'm saying that when you really examine ANYONE who supports the current iteration of the GOP, you'll find that every single one of them is fundamentally disgusting.
Quote Reply
Re: Thanksgiving dinner might be a little awkward this year [Durhamskier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Durhamskier wrote:
My name is Dr. David Brill and I approve this message, along with most of Paul Gosar's family, too.

Apart from his Mum apparently - https://www.businessinsider.com.au/...c-campaign-ad-2018-9
Quote Reply
Re: Thanksgiving dinner might be a little awkward this year [WILLEATFORFOOD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Generally agree, although there are a few examples, like boycotting the Pope for being too liberal, that must embarrass even a garden variety regressive.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If they have it!. Wow.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Re: Thanksgiving dinner might be a little awkward this year [Bone Idol] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have you looked at Paul Gosar's history and policy positions? On just about any issue you can imagine, he is "off the charts" crazy.

He'll fit in perfectly with the Trump administration.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He must have dished out some serious noogies as a kid.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Re: Thanksgiving dinner might be a little awkward this year [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you think abou itt, people warp what they have been taught a lot. Just look at all of the Christian Right that still supports Trump.

Some of my wife's family is of the Trump conservative segment and they really came out against Pope Francis when he started. Her mom commented that he speaks like I was taught as a kid "to treat everyone with respect and love one another". Funny how as time has passed her Mom now twists what she says to the latest line of rationalization when stuff hits the news. She "hates crowds" but went to a Trump rally. Rationalization has no bounds.
Quote Reply
Re: Thanksgiving dinner might be a little awkward this year [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BCtriguy1 wrote:

This reminds me of a story my father told me after having lunch with Chris Matthews' brother. Basically, his brother told my father if he (Chris) brings his political agenda to any family gathering, he will have his ass kicked.
Quote Reply
Re: Thanksgiving dinner might be a little awkward this year [EndlessH2O] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
EndlessH2O wrote:
BCtriguy1 wrote:

This reminds me of a story my father told me after having lunch with Chris Matthews' brother. Basically, his brother told my father if he (Chris) brings his political agenda to any family gathering, he will have his ass kicked.

As it should be at any family gathering.
I know when politics get brought up at our family dinners, my cousin and I will just look at each other, roll our eyes, and top up our whiskeys and excuse ourselves...

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Re: Thanksgiving dinner might be a little awkward this year [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Who cares about the politics involved.

I'm interested in why, even though it's old as time, people care about blood more than the people who actually make up their lives.

So often I see people go out of their way for blood that they only eat copious amounts of food with 3-holidays per year and then watch a football game with.........over their neighbors, community, church, coworkers, or friends.

Then, they wouldn't piss on a neighbor to put em out if they were on fire.

I really don't get it. I'm just.........weird then. So be it. Wife is the same way. We have family on both sides we're OK with spending a holiday with, but we're not going out of our way for you just because you're blood when we have people closer to us in life.

In this instance you can see they put other values, whatever they may be, above a blood connection.

Ever watch the show Bloodline? Yeah, how's that work out?
Quote Reply