Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Vegan triathletes - What supplements are you taking? [NordicSkier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NordicSkier wrote:
Vegan is an eating disorder.

Plenty of ways to eat healthy without going meat free.

Veganism is to take responsibility. For the planet, for all the animals we exploit for no reasion. It's healthy too.

For the topic:

1. Algae omega 3, 250+125mg DHA+EPA. Daily!
  2. Used to take iron supplement but have ferritin >150 now so stopped, will resume if I go <100. Took Deva Chelated 29mgs.
  3. Vegan multi 2x/week (Omnivegan).
  4. Protein after workout more demanding workouts, because of ease of access just like any meat eater does.

Endurance coach | Physiotherapist (primary care) | Bikefitter | Swede
Quote Reply
Re: Vegan triathletes - What supplements are you taking? [mortysct] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If veganism is healthy, why do we have to take supplements? Like I said previously, I don't eat meat, but how can we justify a diet if it requires supplementation? Yeah, veganism is healthy so long as you supplement with b12, protein, iron, etc.

@floathammerholdon | @partners_in_tri
Quote Reply
Re: Vegan triathletes - What supplements are you taking? [mortysct] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mortysct wrote:
Veganism is to take responsibility. For the planet, for all the animals we exploit for no reasion. It's healthy too.

I don't like this reasoning. When animals stop eating each other then I will stop eating them. Same with fish, when they stop eating each other, I will stop eating them.

For lightheir - One thing I have done with the kids is to use black beans or mushrooms as substitutes and fillers for meat.

Often, I will make burgers, but instead of using all beef)turkey, I will use half and sub the other half for mushrooms pureed in my Ninja.

The family loves them! I still can't get them to do tofu. I have tried everything.

As for cheese, there are some good vegan cheeses out there, but they are expensive.

My weakness is eggs and cottage cheese. I eat a few dozen eggs per week. I love a six egg veggie omlette with American cheese, pineapple and siracha. I load it down with red, yellow and green bell peppers, spinach, chard, zucchinis and any other veggies I have on hand.

Then I eat it with a sweet potato and asparagus and multigrain toast.
Quote Reply
Re: Vegan triathletes - What supplements are you taking? [lightheir] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For real? So you eat mear just not a lot?
My understanding was that a vegan does not eat meat. They don’t even wear running shoes that contain glue derived from animals.
I do not want to be funny or sarcastic here but.
Quote Reply
Re: Vegan triathletes - What supplements are you taking? [lightheir] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Been vegetarian for 25 yrs now, first blood checked for B12 this years with the result that its low (also Folacid). Supplemented both which regulates the numbers within weeks. Sticker with the B12 supplement daily and the Folacid once a week.
Numbers changed but I didn’t notice any difference.

-shoki
Quote Reply
Re: Vegan triathletes - What supplements are you taking? [AlexS321] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AlexS321 wrote:
For real? So you eat mear just not a lot?
My understanding was that a vegan does not eat meat. They don’t even wear running shoes that contain glue derived from animals.
I do not want to be funny or sarcastic here but.

I'm not a militant vegan and I'm not trying to convert the world.

As said wife and kid force compromise but I'm 90 percent plus food compliant.

Perfection is the enemy of progress!
Quote Reply
Re: Vegan triathletes - What supplements are you taking? [danstu4] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You people have no sense of humor.

"The person on top of the mountain didn't fall there." - unkown

also rule 5
Quote Reply
Re: Vegan triathletes - What supplements are you taking? [Spartan420] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Animals hunt and kill each other. There’s 8 billion of us and we keep them in cages. It’s not the same. The world is dying, we are responsible for that. Over consumption. Too many people. I hope y’all have a good storage room, it’s gonna get ugly.

"The person on top of the mountain didn't fall there." - unkown

also rule 5
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The only supplement I take is called Complement, it has B12, D3, DHA/EPA https://alpineorganics.co/pages/main. I don't use protein powders, eat plenty of beans, quinoa, veggies, tofu and fruit, mostly whole food. I have been vegan my entire life and rarely get sick, recover awesome, and my body feels great! I highly recommend it regardless of your reasons.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Full disclosure in am veterinarian not vegan for 3 years now, only daily supplements I take is one scoop of vega protein powder with smoothies.

2024: Bevoman, Galveston, Alcatraz, Marble Falls, Santa Cruz
Quote Reply
Re: Vegan triathletes - What supplements are you taking? [Spartan420] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Spartan420 wrote:
mortysct wrote:

I don't like this reasoning. When animals stop eating each other then I will stop eating them. Same with fish, when they stop eating each other, I will stop eating them.

Lmao wtf. This is one of the most stupid responses I've seen. Think it through.

Endurance coach | Physiotherapist (primary care) | Bikefitter | Swede
Quote Reply

Prev Next