Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Brett Kavanaugh Thread [patentattorney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A drunk, a liar and a sex predator walk into a bar, the bartender asks, what'll it be tonight justice kavanaugh?

“Read the transcript.”
Quote Reply
Re: Brett Kavanaugh Thread [dave_w] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dave_w wrote:
-
There are 10 other people who remember this incident? As to Ford, everyone she mentioned, even her best friend then and now, had no recollection of said party, much less the event she recounts...so there's that. Her atty Katz also has admitted that her and Ford's pro abortion stance is a reason they wanted to discredit Kav.

...and Blasey-Ford's dad shaking the hand of Kav's dad and saying, "I'm glad Brett was confirmed."

◼︎ We shall soon be in a world in which a man may be howled down for saying that two and two make four, in which people will persecute the heresy of calling a triangle a three-sided figure, and hang a man for maddening a mob with the news that grass is green. - Chesterton
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
patentattorney wrote:
I mean if the victim doesnt remember [x] happening, but 10 other people were in the room and do remember [x] happening. It should matter. If the victim doesnt want to come forward and answer questions, there are numerous reasons why the victim would come forward. You see this happen in a lot of sports cases. If your standard is "if the victim remembers", well....

Even for Dr. Ford, no one seemed to care what the victim remembered. No one seemed to care to interview other people in the room. Was squii interviewed, or the guy who ran off the dewey beach?

Funny, these "10 other people" never came up during the hearings. Where did you hear about them? Ford was an out and out liar (starting with her fear of flying) and it didn't take long to discover her motives. Nice of you to still refer to her as "Dr" though.

https://www.usatoday.com/...h-column/1497661002/

https://stream.org/...-the-father-of-lies/
Last edited by: gphin305: Sep 16, 19 19:04
Quote Reply
Re: Brett Kavanaugh Thread [gphin305] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gphin305 wrote:
Funny, these "10 other people" never came up during the hearings.

They didn't come up because the Republicans did not want them to come up. They tried to contact the FBI, but the Republicans told the FBI not to interview any of them.
Quote Reply
Re: Brett Kavanaugh Thread [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:
gphin305 wrote:

They didn't come up because the Republicans did not want them to come up. They tried to contact the FBI, but the Republicans told the FBI not to interview any of them.

Of course they tried to contact the FBI. One of your "best" all time comments, chap. .
Quote Reply
Re: Brett Kavanaugh Thread [gphin305] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gphin305 wrote:
chaparral wrote:
gphin305 wrote:

Of course they tried to contact the FBI. One of your "best" all time comments, chap. .

“Best” because it’s true?

And Senator Coons asked the FBI in a letter to specifically interview one of them, Max Stier, and they didn’t.

Why did the FBI not do a thorough investigation? Not enough time, or told not to, or both?

Kavanaugh is not going anywhere. He’ll be on the Supreme Court for 30+ years. But there will always be a cloud over his head, and mainly because he lied under oath.
Quote Reply
Re: Brett Kavanaugh Thread [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:

Why did the FBI not do a thorough investigation?

Because President Trump is *in control* of the government. It's unprecedented in my memory.

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was more so responding to the question of "Does it really fucking matter? The so called victim doesn't remember it happening."

It does matter even if the victim doesnt remember it happening if others can provide evidence that the event did occur. There are many instances where a victim doesnt remember something happening. But it did happen.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
patentattorney wrote:
I was more so responding to the question of "Does it really fucking matter? The so called victim doesn't remember it happening."

It does matter even if the victim doesnt remember it happening if others can provide evidence that the event did occur. There are many instances where a victim doesnt remember something happening. But it did happen.
-
Gotcha, I think the righty response is due to the lack of strength of the accusation, coupled with the NYT publishing what looks like an intentionally inflammatory piece. Looks like they were doing so to pump the new book by a couple of their reporters, but it's another black eye for the NYT. BTW, Pogrebin and Kelly have said it was the NYT editor who cut the bit about the victim not remembering. Just feels like more of the same assassination by innuendo.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
To me there are two separate instances. For ford, I dont understand why there was a public hearing, followed by essentially no follow up, or witness being able to be brought in. It makes little sense to me to give Ford a national stage, and then not allow witnesses to be brought in. I remember on Kavs calendar there was a specific date that describes pretty much exactly what Ford was talking about. However, the people in that party were pretty much never interviewed, and just submitted a statement saying they dont remember. I dont understand why these people were not questioned, if you are going to have a public hearing. Just to give Ford a platform and say her piece in front of the world? If you are going to have an investigation, then the main witnesses should prob be questioned.

For the yale penis thing, this is somewhat similar. However, the FBI just chose to not follow up. Maybe because it wasnt credible, or they didnt think there was enough there to do an actual background check, etc. It would be interesting to see what past procedure would be for something like this. I.E. a senate confirmed position, where someone contacted the FBI to provide insight, and the FBI just didnt follow up. Maybe this is common practice for high profile cases. I honestly do not know.

But at the end of the day, it seems strange to me to say "we didnt have any evidence" when either the people who could provide insight didnt have to testify, or people who wanted to provide evidence were not followed up with. However, that could be common practice.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
But there's more bombshells in the book:

Leland Keyser, who Ford says was at the party where K assaulted her, told the authors/reporters that Ford's story did not make sense to her. Further, Keyser, was pressured to change her story to support Ford.

This is getting weirder.

Edit. Source CBS

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Last edited by: H-: Sep 17, 19 12:43
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
patentattorney wrote:

For the yale penis thing, this is somewhat similar. However, the FBI just chose to not follow up. .

We know why the did not follow up though, we have known since last October. The FBI was given a list of only 10 people they could interview, they were not allowed to follow up on anything. This was a background check for the white house and the white house was able to make the rules, unlike a criminal investigation. They were purposefully restricted from possibly discovering something new.

patentattorney wrote:

But at the end of the day, it seems strange to me to say "we didnt have any evidence" when either the people who could provide insight didnt have to testify, or people who wanted to provide evidence were not followed up with. However, that could be common practice.

That was the whole point, they wanted to continue saying "It is her word against his." They did not want to find anything that would be bad for him. You would think they would want a real investigation if he was innocent, since that would really strengthen his case, but they did not even want to risk finding anything that helps him.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
But why? Why did Brett Kavanaugh's penis need to be on the Supreme Court? Why couldn't any other conservative penis with good jurisprudence be the one? Or even a conservative vagina? I've never understood this. There were so many other good people to choose from (even within the narrow constraints of the Federalist Society list) but instead they chose a college bro with a mountain of credit card debt who likes to show his wang.

I get that once the outrage started, the doubling down started. But before that, when he had conservative critics as well as liberal, he could have been passed over for any number of solid judges.

E

chaparral wrote:
patentattorney wrote:

For the yale penis thing, this is somewhat similar. However, the FBI just chose to not follow up. .

We know why the did not follow up though, we have known since last October. The FBI was given a list of only 10 people they could interview, they were not allowed to follow up on anything. This was a background check for the white house and the white house was able to make the rules, unlike a criminal investigation. They were purposefully restricted from possibly discovering something new.

patentattorney wrote:

That was the whole point, they wanted to continue saying "It is her word against his." They did not want to find anything that would be bad for him. You would think they would want a real investigation if he was innocent, since that would really strengthen his case, but they did not even want to risk finding anything that helps him.

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Brett Kavanaugh Thread [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: Brett Kavanaugh Thread [ironmayb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
totally understandable, once the outrage started. But before that he just seemed incompetent and unprofessional to me. Not at all impressive like Justice Gorsuch.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ericMPro wrote:
totally understandable, once the outrage started. But before that he just seemed incompetent and unprofessional to me. Not at all impressive like Justice Gorsuch.

I get it. That's just the first phrase that popped into my head when I read your post. And, of course, when I googled, there was a gif for that......
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Brett Kavanaugh Thread [geetee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

It was very obvious to those using their own senses what Brett Kavanaugh was.

I’m more interested in his role in the 2000 election than I am who paid off all his debts or how he got onto the Supreme Court.

E

Quote Reply
Re: Brett Kavanaugh Thread [geetee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

We all knew at the time it was a sham, and that he lied under oath. Just, a certain cohort wanted to pretend Kavanaugh was an impeccable candidate whose name was being smeared by the Dems and the media.

His appointment was just one of the many ways in recent years the GOP and their appointees to SCOTUS have undermined its credibility as an institution. It’s very sad.
Quote Reply
Re: Brett Kavanaugh Thread [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:

We all knew at the time it was a sham, and that he lied under oath. Just, a certain cohort wanted to pretend Kavanaugh was an impeccable candidate whose name was being smeared by the Dems and the media.

His appointment was just one of the many ways in recent years the GOP and their appointees to SCOTUS have undermined its credibility as an institution. It’s very sad.

We knew he was POS before he was even nominated. From his smearing of man as gay so that he could smear the Clinton's as murders, which as a bonus also torturted a family that had their son commit suicide. To his use of stolen Democratic files from congress. The man is a total fucking piece of shit and him being elevated to the court tarnishes the court.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
so why wasn't Wray fired for this when Biden took over? The FBI did a complete sham of an investigation. Even if that was all they were asked to or allowed to do he should have been transparent with those making the confirmation decision about how biased and shallow the investigation had been. we deserve better.

Maybe Biden can fire him now......and put somebody who is not a GOP fanboy in charge of the FBI.
Quote Reply
Re: Brett Kavanaugh Thread [DJRed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

“Justice,” director Doug Liman’s surprise documentary about the confirmation of Supreme Court Justice Brett M. Kavanaugh, premiered Friday at the 2023 Sundance Film Festival"

Doubt this will get much traction. But as mentioned, it does look like the reigns were really put on the FBI 'investigation' from up top.

"https://www.latimes.com/...ocumentary-takeaways"
Quote Reply
Re: Brett Kavanaugh Thread [rich_m] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rich_m wrote:
so why wasn't Wray fired for this when Biden took over? The FBI did a complete sham of an investigation. Even if that was all they were asked to or allowed to do he should have been transparent with those making the confirmation decision about how biased and shallow the investigation had been. we deserve better.

Maybe Biden can fire him now......and put somebody who is not a GOP fanboy in charge of the FBI.

I agree. Wray either knew or should have known about the interference. He is responsible for the independence & integrity of the DOJ, and if the interference is as bad as this looks, then he cannot be in the highest position of law enforcement in our country.
Quote Reply
Re: Brett Kavanaugh Thread [Barks&Purrs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This looks like it will be worth a watch:

https://www.rollingstone.com/...-ramirez-1234665450/

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply

Prev Next