Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

The Amazon Microwave is Here
Quote | Reply
Whoever is in charge of this business unit is a genius. I would replace Sirius XM in a second with Amazon music if I could and the car speaker may be my entrance point:

The Amazon microwave will cost $60, ship starting November 14, and take commands via Amazon’s voice assistant Alexa. Just tell your microwave what you’re cooking, how you’d like it cooked, and for how long — oh, and by the way, you can hit an Amazon Dash button that auto-reorders microwave popcorn from Amazon.

If it doesn’t sound very exciting, that’s because it isn’t. The microwave is being sold as part of AmazonBasics, which is also the section of the site where you can buy generic lightning cables, clothes hangers, batteries, and yoga mats.

In just over an hour, Amazon announced, by its own count, “70 new devices, customer features, and developer tools.” This includes but is (obviously!) not limited to: half a dozen new Alexa-enabled Echo speakers, including one that goes in your car, a $25 smart plug that lets you connect Alexa to any appliance, a $35 device that can turn any speaker into an Alexa-controlled speaker, an analog wall clock that talks to Alexa (why?), a security system that talks to Alexa, and a DVR that talks to an updated Echo Show, which, of course, talks to Alexa

https://www.vox.com/...s-internet-of-things

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Re: The Amazon Microwave is Here [jkca1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jkca1 wrote:
Whoever is in charge of this business unit is a genius. I would replace Sirius XM in a second with Amazon music if I could and the car speaker may be my entrance point:

The Amazon microwave will cost $60, ship starting November 14, and take commands via Amazon’s voice assistant Alexa. Just tell your microwave what you’re cooking, how you’d like it cooked, and for how long — oh, and by the way, you can hit an Amazon Dash button that auto-reorders microwave popcorn from Amazon.

If it doesn’t sound very exciting, that’s because it isn’t. The microwave is being sold as part of AmazonBasics, which is also the section of the site where you can buy generic lightning cables, clothes hangers, batteries, and yoga mats.

In just over an hour, Amazon announced, by its own count, “70 new devices, customer features, and developer tools.” This includes but is (obviously!) not limited to: half a dozen new Alexa-enabled Echo speakers, including one that goes in your car, a $25 smart plug that lets you connect Alexa to any appliance, a $35 device that can turn any speaker into an Alexa-controlled speaker, an analog wall clock that talks to Alexa (why?), a security system that talks to Alexa, and a DVR that talks to an updated Echo Show, which, of course, talks to Alexa

So I still have to put the food into the microwave like a chump?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Going off on a tangent here... stove top popcorn is infinitely better than microwave popcorn.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I figured an Alexa car speaker is stupid. But in fact it is a plug-in jack that plays Alexa through car system. That makes sense.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anyone lining up for this stuff needs to watch Electric Dreams episode, Autofac. On Amazon prime, naturally.

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Re: The Amazon Microwave is Here [mck414] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mck414 wrote:
Anyone lining up for this stuff needs to watch Electric Dreams episode, Autofac. On Amazon prime, naturally.

That's was a good watch. We've got an Amazon Smart house. I know the day is coming when we will become prisoners of our own design but until that day comes.....

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

http://www.litespeed.com
Quote Reply
Re: The Amazon Microwave is Here [M~] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
M~ wrote:
jkca1 wrote:

So I still have to put the food into the microwave like a chump?

I haven't actually conducted tests, but I'm almost certain I can push the 'Start/:30 sec' button 3X in less time than it would take me to say "Alexa, heat for 90 seconds you stupid cunt" out loud (even minus the disparaging flourish).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sounds like amazon has been watching 30 Rock

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jkca1 wrote:
The Amazon microwave will cost $60, ship starting November 14,

Haven't shopped for a microwave lately, but depending on size and settings. Screw the Alexa part might just be a low cost microwave.

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply