Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Post deleted by Administrator [ In reply to ]
Re: QR PR6 Stem [APKTRI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
APKTRI wrote:

mbecks2 wrote:

Point me to another integrated superbike stem that is all carbon. I'm sure there are some, but to be honest, I'd rather have something sturdy like the PR6 stem. Also, the point of that stem is that it is incredibly easy to work on - the exact opposite of most superbike stems. Now, would you rather save a some grams (which you probably won't even notice the difference) and not be able to work on your own bike, or have it the way it is? I packed up a PR6 Disc and a PR6 Rim in under an hour for the first time ever last night. Could you do that with any other superbike? Doubtful.

How about a BMC TM01? I can pack it in under 20 mins and I have the older version. With the new TM01, you can release the entire cockpit and slide it right off the front ... ingenious. The ability to easily drop the cockpit off the stem is exactly why I bought the BMC in the first place.
Quote Reply
Re: QR PR6 Stem [gabbiev] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anything that gives me an excuse to stop using my wife's HED3s (and the nightmare that is putting latex tubes in a Conti Supersonic 20c on that rim) will benefit my cause, as well as my hearing. I'd rather glue tubulars.

When Dan did my fit a couple years ago, the PR5 was where we would've needed to go due to the stem. But with the new PR6 we can go there.

It's either that or the Premier Tactical, because I truly appreciate what Dan Kennison has done there.

----------------------------------
Editor-in-Chief, Slowtwitch.com | Twitter
Quote Reply

Prev Next