Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Jordan Hasay is a swimmer..
Quote | Reply
I didn't know this, RW interview,

https://www.runnersworld.com/...om-chicago-marathon/

"Swimming is definitely my favorite because you get to be outside. I was a high school swimmer, and I’ve always enjoyed the pool. I did 5 or 6 hours of swimming (per week) in high school as part of my training. When I first joined the track team, I would go to swim practice instead of running. The coach told me I needed to start going to running practice."

Really bummed that she's injured and not running Chicago..
maybe she needs to talk to Gwen about switching to triathlon ;-)
Quote Reply
Re: Jordan Hasay is a swimmer.. [doug in co] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
doug in co wrote:
I didn't know this, RW interview,
https://www.runnersworld.com/...om-chicago-marathon/
"Swimming is definitely my favorite because you get to be outside. I was a high school swimmer, and I’ve always enjoyed the pool. I did 5 or 6 hours of swimming (per week) in high school as part of my training. When I first joined the track team, I would go to swim practice instead of running. The coach told me I needed to start going to running practice."
Really bummed that she's injured and not running Chicago..
maybe she needs to talk to Gwen about switching to triathlon ;-)

You left out this gem right before the paragraph you quoted: "I just really despise aqua jogging. Unless you’re in Hawaii and it’s 100 degrees out, I just end up getting cold or bored." My kind of girl, I despise aqua running myself; I'd rather just swim and bike more, and maybe do the elliptical, if i can't run. :)

Also, I'm very curious as to how much weight she has lost since her HS swimming days; I know that top mary runners are known for looking emaciated but wow, she is just super thin in that picture. I would guess that, depending on her height, she's at least 10-15 lb under her HS swimming weight.

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I swim in the same pool with her. I’m faster. She is super skinny. And tiny. All elbows in the pool. Too bad I can’t lap her on land. That would be way cooler than lapping her in the water. She also beat me at a local 10k when she was 12.

Hillary Trout
San Luis Obispo, CA

Your trip is short. Make the most of it.
https://www.slogoing.net/
Quote Reply
Re: Jordan Hasay is a swimmer.. [ericmulk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Always been small, she was not a competitive hs swimmer though she did run trials in hs.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
... AND she's doing spin classes?

Uh-oh!!!

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Jordan Hasay is a swimmer.. [marklemcd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
marklemcd wrote:
Always been small, she was not a competitive hs swimmer though she did run trials in hs.

Ya, actually now that i think about it, i know another girl very similar to Jordan Hasay. My friend Rebecca Storey was the #1 ranked junior girl distance running recruit in the country at end of her junior year in HS in May 2017. She's now starting her frosh year at Stanford. I met her cause we shared a lane in the pool numerous times over the last 4 years. Rebecca might be an inch or 2 taller than Jordan but she is very thin just like Hasay. Rebecca is a decent swimmer but her swimming times are nowhere close to her run times. I think extreme examples like these girls just show the specificity of talent needed to compete at the highest levels.

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply
Re: Jordan Hasay is a swimmer.. [SLOgoing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cool!

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply