Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Sweetie, Darling, Sunshine, honey [Trillini] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It can also be used in a condescending manner. I had a boss who would say "sweetie (or cutie) let me explain this to you" when he thought I didn't understand something. 99.99% of the time he was not listening to what I was saying (or asking) so it was actually he that was not understanding. I would usually say something like "pumpkin, I understand that, however my point (or question) is xyz" . He got the message. Its a fine line because if you ask me I am both sweet and cute, so it could be taken either way :) ...........kj

---------------------------------------
Awww, Katy's not all THAT evil. Only slightly evil. In a good way. - JasoninHalifax

Last edited by: KEJ: Jan 6, 06 22:27
Quote Reply
Re: Sweetie, Darling, Sunshine, honey [KEJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did he look like or smell like a pumpkin? LOL

Pat
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, how did "pumpkin" get to be a term of endearment anyway?? I'm going to try calling my boyfriend "eggplant" and see if it takes.......kj

Awww, Katy's not all THAT evil. Only slightly evil. In a good way. - JasoninHalifax

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
KEJ, sweetie, stay away from my wife.

;-)

Behold the turtle! He makes progess only when he sticks his neck out. (James Bryant Conant)
GET OFF THE F*%KING WALL!!!!!!! (Doug Stern)
Brevity is the soul of wit. (William Shakespeare)
Quote Reply
Re: Sweetie, Darling, Sunshine, honey [parkito] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No problem, spaghetti squash.....kj

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I find it somewhat annoying, but mostly it depends on who it comes from.

What I really don't like is when I'm walking down a city street and some guy (and it's always a guy) says to me, "smile!" It always happens when I'm alone. This really ticks me off. What, I should be walking down the street with a big smile on my face for no reason? Why don't people mind their own damn business? One day at lunch not too long ago, some tourist bus operator said it to me. I was thinking about my mom, who I just learned a few days before has cancer. I stopped in my tracks and looked at him, almost told him why he really shouldn't say something like that to a perfect stranger, but then thought why waste my breath and I kept going. Why do people feel a need to say something like that?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I guess I shouldn't be refering to my subordinates as "sugar britches" then...
Quote Reply
Re: Sweetie, Darling, Sunshine, honey [Al P Duez] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I guess I shouldn't be refering to my subordinates as "sugar britches" then...

Do I have to stop using "Dumb Shit" and "Shit for Brains" too ???
Quote Reply
Re: Sweetie, Darling, Sunshine, honey [Sparticus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just wanna know if spaghetti squash is complimentary or not. Anybody? Anybody? Buehler?

Behold the turtle! He makes progess only when he sticks his neck out. (James Bryant Conant)
GET OFF THE F*%KING WALL!!!!!!! (Doug Stern)
Brevity is the soul of wit. (William Shakespeare)
Quote Reply
Re: Sweetie, Darling, Sunshine, honey [Al P Duez] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just don't slip and drop the "r".......kj

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Would you prefer Yam?

Quote Reply

Prev Next