Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

935xt screen protector
Quote | Reply
Can anyone recommend a good screen protector for the 935xt? I will be swimming a lot with the watch.

Let food be thy medicine...
Quote Reply
Re: 935xt screen protector [JackStraw13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I found a cheap generic glass one on amazon after I got it. It has held up great since. Amazon is your friend here.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New Training/Racing Log - http://www.earthdaykid.com/blog --- Old Training/Racing Log - http://colinlaughery.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: 935xt screen protector [colinlaughery] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah there’s a bunch out there. Seeing if people had better success with a particular one.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have armor suit on my 735 and it seems to be doing well. A few weeks in no scratches yet and the one scratch I had it has disappeared.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This Wimaha one has been working for me: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071HFSQ5M/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is the one I used. Been on since June and still looks good.
https://www.amazon.com/...ge?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What exactly are you protecting the screen from? I've had every multisport Garmin basically since Forerunner 305 and have done heavy IM training and have never had an issue. The last two versions 735 and 935 have been my everyday all day watches. Not even a scratch.
Quote Reply
Re: 935xt screen protector [thugbuster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thugbuster wrote:
What exactly are you protecting the screen from? I've had every multisport Garmin basically since Forerunner 305 and have done heavy IM training and have never had an issue. The last two versions 735 and 935 have been my everyday all day watches. Not even a scratch.

For sure. I've fallen enough times on my various garmins to expect some battle scars, but the only damage has been to the bezels/buttons. The screens are strong.
Quote Reply
Re: 935xt screen protector [dfroelich] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Same with my 230, 935 and even my 920
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
thugbuster wrote:

Just got the 935 and thinking about using as my daily watch. I’ve also had 910 and 920 but only used when training. Currently wearing a vivoactive and it got a nick in the glass.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The screen itself is much stronger than the screen protector. You'll see cracks on the screen protector if you apply one and think it's protecting your screen. But really it's protecting nothing, not even itself.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
thugbuster wrote:

After looking at a scratch on the lens of my 920 for a couple of years I decided to get the screen protector for the 935 at the start. For 8 bucks it's cheap insurance.
Quote Reply
Re: 935xt screen protector [cdkayak] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wish I had for the Fenix 3 its looking pretty rough now, multiple scratches on mine.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
thugbuster wrote:

Every day use. I scratched my 735 when I was putting some stakes and wire fencing around my garden. I crash every now and then when mountain biking. I also have come close when smashing my wrist into something (lifting heavy objects, wrestling kids, etc).
Quote Reply
Re: 935xt screen protector [tie3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, not sure what the difference is between scratches on a screen protector and scratches on the watch face (if that does happen). Do you buy multiple protectors to replace the scratched one? Seems like a lot of work for some scratches...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The protectors can come in packs of three. Get them that way as they're basically sacrificial lambs....and get them before your first scratch on the crystal as the protectors don't really hide prior damage.

(or just go baller and get a Fenix sapphire...problem solved)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
935 screen doesn't scratch much if at all. But most screen protector actually does scratch and crack.
Quote Reply