Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Triathlon Aerobar Tape [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JasoninHalifax wrote:

Mine has been fine, shows no wear at all, although I've been off the bike since December. It's dirt cheap and easy to replace though....

Thanks!!
I am going to give it a try.
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlon Aerobar Tape [Try_Guy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’m surprised more people aren’t using the Profile Design aerobar tape. Can’t wrap with it worth a darn, so I cut it into appropriate lengths and placed it on either side of my extensions and base bar. Even put a longer strip along the top of my carbon aero road bars so I could get a little ‘traction’ when riding full aero with forearms on the tops.

https://profile-design.com/...ducts/aerobar-tape-1
Last edited by: Mudge: May 13, 19 10:04
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlon Aerobar Tape [Mudge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’ve used this. It’s very good, nice material and thickness, but a HUGE pain to remove, leaving lots of residue.
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlon Aerobar Tape [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just peeled a strip off my road aerobar earlier today. Wasn’t too bad, certainly nothing a little Goo Gone couldn’t handle.

I like that it’s grippy, but not too grippy. I don’t ride with gloves, and skateboard grip tape is too abrasive.
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlon Aerobar Tape [Mudge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't ride with gloves either. I only use it on the basebar, no tape at all on the extensions, but I had no issues doing an hour or so group ride where I was mostly on the basebar last year.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlon Aerobar Tape [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JasoninHalifax wrote:
Mine has been fine, shows no wear at all, although I've been off the bike since December. It's dirt cheap and easy to replace though....

You tend to give solid advice :-)
I did a longish hot ride today without gloves. No slips with sweaty hands and it doesn't feel that coarse to me. I will probably leave the bar tape on the extensions for this season.

Quote Reply

Prev Next