Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Never run a BQ, but set up a GoFundMe to go anyway [domingjm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
domingjm wrote:
awenborn wrote:
Well he's not really admitting anything. He conceded, in the face of the overwhelming evidence, that he can't have run the full course, but then tried to shift the blame onto everyone else other than himself.

"Blah blah blah, course map was confusing, blah blah blah, race organisers should have picked up the bogus times, blah blah blah, Boston wouldn't have let me in anyway."

Bullshit! It was an outright attempt to cheat, was caught red-handed with impartial timing data and eye-witness testimony, yet still fails to come clean and invents some cock-and-bull story to save face! He's still living just as much of lie as Mike Rossi et al. and there's not much honour in that...

There's no question that he's still deflecting blame. But from my perspective, I don't think there's evidence to suggest that he intentionally cut the course: neither planned nor in the spur of the moment. Does that mitigate his culpability? I think it does. Honestly, I kind of think he's not terribly bright and that he really believed he ran a lights-out performance.

Except that his account doesn't jive with the on-course officials. Even giving this guy the benefit of the doubt that he thought he was crushing it, when the guy on the course told him he was in front of the leaders, he lied and said he had left the lead bike and leaders in the dust. Now, why would he say that if he just missed a turn or didn't do a loop? Why would you suddenly concoct that story unless you had premeditated that course cutting?

Quote | Reply
A Dem would have somebody else run in his place then take the credit.
Quote Reply
Re: Never run a BQ, but set up a GoFundMe to go anyway [Ron_Burgundy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ron_Burgundy wrote:

Smacks self in forehead.... I for one am Independent, but you clearly feel like being a Republican makes you superior. Good luck with that.

Colorado Triathlon Company, CO2UT 2021, Crooked Gravel 2022, Steamboat Gravel 2022
Quote Reply
Re: Never run a BQ, but set up a GoFundMe to go anyway [Ron_Burgundy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ron_Burgundy wrote:

This is the literal definition of projection.

The point is, ladies and gentleman, that speed, for lack of a better word, is good. Speed is right, Speed works. Speed clarifies, cuts through, and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit.
Quote Reply
Re: Never run a BQ, but set up a GoFundMe to go anyway [boilerup] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
take it to the Lavender Room guys
Quote Reply
Re: Never run a BQ, but set up a GoFundMe to go anyway [Toby] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are you projecting in your assumption that i am a republican?.....people need to chill out. For the record i am a libertarian. should have used the pink font.
Quote Reply
Re: Never run a BQ, but set up a GoFundMe to go anyway [Derekl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Derekl wrote:
$100 says the dude can't run 2 miles at that pace. This is simple enough for him to show that he can.

I’m not taking that bet. I doubt he could run 1 mile at that pace.

Dan Mayberry
Amateur a lot of things, professional a few things.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ron_Burgundy wrote:
Are you projecting in your assumption that i am a republican?.....people need to chill out. For the record i am a libertarian. should have used the pink font.

What's most shocking about this is that there are STILL people on both sides of the aisle who somehow think that all of us are going to pretend that every part of the erosion (of standards of decency and of the rule of law) are things that we'll all eventually laugh about together.

I know that I'm not the only one who now views associating yourself with the GOP as a spectacular and unforgivable moral failure... it might be a good idea to stop treating it as a joking matter.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yup. His aunt and other family/friends also agree with your line of thinking. They believe that he's is getting blasted by the liberals. They've come onto the below local news channel's thread to defend him as an honorable decent guy who made an innocent mistake.

https://www.facebook.com/...&hc_location=ufi

A few notable quotes in the above thread:

" my nephew is HONEST, a mistake was made, get the FACTS before you condemn and judge. Seriously, get all the facts."

"these people must be liberals because those are the only ones who attack without knowing someone. So pathetic! !"

Ron_Burgundy wrote:

Last edited by: zoom: Sep 22, 18 1:27
Quote Reply
Re: Never run a BQ, but set up a GoFundMe to go anyway [Brian in MA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think everyone is being insensitive... He deserves a chance to testify. Nobody knows what happened for sure. Negative split is possible...

Also... I have some water front property for sale in Iraq if anyone is interested please PM me...
Quote Reply
Re: Never run a BQ, but set up a GoFundMe to go anyway [zoom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
zoom wrote:
Yup. His aunt and other family/friends also agree with your line of thinking. They believe that he's is getting blasted by the liberals. They've come onto the below local news channel's thread to defend him as an honorable decent guy who made an innocent mistake.

https://www.facebook.com/...&hc_location=ufi

A few notable quotes in the above thread:

" my nephew is HONEST, a mistake was made, get the FACTS before you condemn and judge. Seriously, get all the facts."

"these people must be liberals because those are the only ones who attack without knowing someone. So pathetic! !"

Ron_Burgundy wrote:

Ignore all the facts them blame “haters” claiming they don’t have all the facts.

Many People have yet to learn that it’s a losing battle trying to win arguments on social media. People don’t know to shut up, walk away, and live their lives. You give something like this more life the more you respond on social media
Quote Reply
Re: Never run a BQ, but set up a GoFundMe to go anyway [Brian in MA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Brian in MA wrote:
Pretty ridiculous doubling down in the interview - this is just like the marathon dad all over again. Should have fessed up and admitted that he did something stupid rather than making it worse.

Use his name; we all know it

Mike Rossi = Royalty among Double Letter Cheaters

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Never run a BQ, but set up a GoFundMe to go anyway [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Does anything in J.D.’s racing history show the ability to win a marathon? It is not easy to find his other performances because he has run with other’s bibs or with the name “Jesse” but here is what we have.

Double double letters

Dude is fucked

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply

Prev Next