Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

finish line move: can you do this? dont think i could...
Quote | Reply

anyone can jump that high after an ironman? and wisconsin's not az flat : )

Kiwami North America
http://www.kiwamitri.com
http://www.aquamantri.com
contact@kiwamitri.com
http://www.facebook/kiwamitriusa
Last edited by: Andre Bennatan: Sep 18, 18 9:16
Quote Reply
Re: finish line move: can you do this? dont think i could... [Andre Bennatan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If I tried to do that, I'd probably crumple up on the ground afterwards because my calves seized up.
Quote Reply
Re: finish line move: can you do this? dont think i could... [stomponafrog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you don't end up in the medical tent you haven't tried hard enough.

She looks far too fresh for the end of an Ironman: another case for the Marathon Investigator guy to look at maybe?
Quote Reply
Re: finish line move: can you do this? dont think i could... [Andre Bennatan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I find that the angle the cameramen sit at exaggerates the actual height.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did but am too embarrassed to post the picture.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Heather Gollnick won IM Wisconsin several times and each time did a somersault at the finish line. She did one the first victory, 2 the second and three the third.

Once, I was fast. But I got over it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I used to have a poster of Greg Welch jumping at the line one time. Wish I still had it. I think someone here on ST found the pic of it and posted it in another thread a while back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As a volunteer on course, I found it interesting the dicotomy in facial expressions as athletes passed. The vast majority displayed some degree of suffering or determination, but every once in a while someone would cruise through looking like they were filming a cheesy pharmaceutical TV ad. I was like, "umm, you're doing an Ironman, you realize that? It's not natural to smile THAT much."
Quote Reply
Re: finish line move: can you do this? dont think i could... [mt2u77] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The coolest thing I have EVER seen was a girl crossing the finish line at The Outlaw full in the UK doing a perfect cartwheel over the line. (It's on their website, highlights clip from a few years ago)
Quote Reply
Re: finish line move: can you do this? dont think i could... [TeamBarenaked] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: finish line move: can you do this? dont think i could... [RCCo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Second only to everyone who finished ahead of her but didn’t do a cartwheel!
Quote Reply
Re: finish line move: can you do this? dont think i could... [stomponafrog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stomponafrog wrote:
If I tried to do that, I'd probably crumple up on the ground afterwards because my calves seized up.

+1

I could jump up like that, I think. I could muster a funny face and the right pose. 0% chance I could land on my feet. That would probably be the better picture, as I fold like a cheap tent.
Quote Reply
Re: finish line move: can you do this? dont think i could... [ppkestrel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, that's the picture (or one very similar). I'd love to find another poster like that for my garage
Quote Reply
Re: finish line move: can you do this? dont think i could... [ppkestrel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Win seven times and still be called a newbie. Strange.
Quote Reply