Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week? Sept 17 Edition
Quote | Reply
How are you and how was your week?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Sept 17 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
This week's goal is going to sound eerily familiar- make it to Saturday.

Well, let's look at where this week went off the rails and where I tried to jump back on...

Monday- 2800yd swim, 3.4mi run. Fine. Then at 8pm, had an emergency conference call with the board of the Century, and the board of the cycling club, which lasted two hours, in which we made the decision to cancel our club's century. Utterly gutted. The president of our cycling club is also a giant D-bag and made that fact very well known on the call.
Tuesday- 2800yd swim, FTP test which got interrupted by ANOTHER emergency conference call at 7:30am, to figure out how to tell everyone the event was canceled and what to do about refunding people for an event that explicitly states No Refunds. Cycling club president screamed and talked over people for an hour. And then continued to not listen to people via email. And then went on a shitshow rampage like King Kong in NYC damaging the reputation of our club in his reactions to our cancellation on email and social media. I was sick to my stomach from this day on, because not only was this damage occurring, but the trajectory of the hurricane changed completely and this weekend was looking better.
Wednesday- MID MONTH HORMONE CRASH. This time, accompanied by horrible cramps which caused me to flee the pool, 650 into my workout, to dry heave in the locker room. Then hosted book club that night.
Thursday- Still feeling sick and exhausted and mentally spent. It was my best friend's birthday, so I played hooky from life and took him golfing. We had a blast.
Friday- Long run day. Got 5 miles in, ran up this one quiet neighborhood street like I always do on my long run course, and was chased by a yappy ball of fluff. Said ball of fluff then wrapped its jaws around my ankle. Thankfully it didn't break skin, and the owner was basically WATCHING all of this happen, and not you know, actively trying to get his dog to chill the eff out. I was mentally just done. I walked two miles home, in the rain, in tears.
Saturday- FTP test rematch. Increased my FTP by 10% since the last test in April. Woohoo! Also a 2mi run brick.
Sunday- 50k on the bike trainer. Short progression run brick. More damage control over email.

Enough with that nonsense. Back on track. Goals for this week: Keep chugging along:
M- 2800yd swim, 3.75mi run
Tu- long zwift ride and mid-range run
W- 2800yd swim, recovery run
Th- 3000yd swim, ride, and short tempo run brick
F- Either long run or rest day. It depends on what I do Sunday
Sa- Long ride and short progression run brick
Su- either rest and surprise my BFF in AC for her 70.3, or do my long run.

Level II USAT Coach | Level 3 USAC Coach | NASM-CPT
Team Zoot | Tailwind Trailblazer
I can tell you why you're sick, I just can't write you an Rx
Last edited by: Dr_Cupcake: Sep 17, 18 11:37
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for getting us started Dr. Tigerchik, I hope all The Womens are having a good week.

Last week, I swam 3 time, rode 5 times, and ran 4 times. I am doing all the sports, I'm just not doing any of the sports very well yet. My run, unsurprisingly, is the closest to normal so that's keeping me positive.

This week it's more of the same, plus a swim lesson to try to figure out how to work with one noodle arm and a neck that can't fully turn {here's where I'd insert the laughing emoji}

Happy training y'all!

(Formerly SoCalTricurious, now in the PNW).
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Sept 17 Edition [Dr_Cupcake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh my gosh, Dr. Cupcake -- what an awful week. WHYYYYYYY does the president insist on acting like that? Please tell me you've quit the cycling club out of disgust for his actions. There's no call for treating people like that.

My week was OK. I was at a conference for a couple days, which was nice, but it kind of sealed the deal that I am going nowhere in my current position. Plus I was still trying to manage my day job while being gone all day, which was stressful. I was at a college football game all day Saturday, so no workouts that day. I am just happy I got in any workouts at all: two runs, two trainer rides, one barre class, and some PT.

http://mediocremultisport.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Sept 17 Edition [Midtown Miles] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Midtown Miles wrote:
Oh my gosh, Dr. Cupcake -- what an awful week. WHYYYYYYY does the president insist on acting like that? Please tell me you've quit the cycling club out of disgust for his actions. There's no call for treating people like that.

At the risk of being one of *those* women, I will in fact roll my eyes here and say "because he's an old white dude and it's his job to set us womenfolk straight, duhhh". Combine that with his old school military and engineering background (back when he was in school women were scarce in his spheres of influence) and his interpersonal skills leave MUCH to be desired. We went out as a board on Saturday night to decompress after this week, and he seriously, kid you not, told our century chair HOW to drink her beer flight. Flat out mansplained, drill instructored her on how she imperitively HAD to consume her beer. We all looked up and glared at him. We have another conference call tonight and I've already begged the chair of the century to lay out ground rules for talking out of turn and not being a schmuck tonight.

The only reason I haven't rage quit yet is because he has less than three months left on his term. He said he'd "do it again for the sake of [insert bs factors here]", but several dozen of us will make sure that does not happen. If he does manage to get reelected, I'm out and will make it known why very vocally.

Okay, I promise I'm done venting about this noise. Thanks for letting me use this space to scream into.

Level II USAT Coach | Level 3 USAC Coach | NASM-CPT
Team Zoot | Tailwind Trailblazer
I can tell you why you're sick, I just can't write you an Rx
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Dr TC, how was your week?

Dr Cupcake - that sounds super stressful. I hope last night's conference call was more decorous.
MM - so are you going to look for a new role?

My goals were:
- decide on a training plan for the next few months
YES - I'm taking it in 4 week blocks. Luckily my recovery week will coincide with Fire Prevention Week when things will be crazy at work.

- get some meals prepped. I'm trying to use my instant pot more - any go-to IP recipes?
KIND OF - breakfast is under control. Lunches and dinners less so. Ongoing struggle specially because when Dan is away for work I am really unmotivated to cook and tend to live off of my bolognese freezer stash.

- figure out whether my knee issue is something I need to see a physio about. It doesn't hurt per se, but I can feel it on certain things (rear lunges, going down stairs in high heels, one leg squats).
I think I'm good for now. Ran yesterday without issues so I'll just keep reassessing.

This week:
bike x 3 (1 done)
run and do activation drills before I head out x 3 (1 done)
swim x 4 (2 done)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi, I am new to this Forum! I was going through the topics and saw "How was your week?". On Monday I found out I need a shoulder replacement on my dominant side. After 10+ years of PT etc, it is finally time. Does anyone have any experience with this and how recovery goes and will I be able to do triathlon again?

Thanks!
Quote Reply