Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Augusta 70.3 [Iron Dukie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Iron Dukie wrote:
On another note, did anyone see any draft marshals on the bike course? I don't recall seeing a single one all day.
I saw two or three different course marshals several times on the bike. I did not see any drafting.
Quote Reply
Re: Augusta 70.3 [Parkland] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I believe it took over 80 minutes to get all of the age group swimmers in the river. Unlike Choo or Louisville, this race had athletes hopping in one at a time, sometimes two but very rarely. I always remembered IMKY and IMCHOO taking 35-45 minutes to get all of the athletes in the water

I watched all the cyclists come in from the course. There were a lot of salty creatures and A LOT of cramping and falling over at the dismount line
Quote Reply
Re: Augusta 70.3 [eye3md] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It was a long wait. I was in the 40-43 finish group and we got in the water at 9:05. They started hurrying people in the water while we were on the dock, 4-5 at a time jumping in.

It took me a good 100 yards to settle down on the swim. I can see how a lot of people would DNF on the swim. You hit the water and go into panic mode and suddenly you’re treading water and your plan goes out the window. I had a few people swim across me to grab a kayak within the first 2 or 3 buoys.

I got into a rhythm and finished in 36 minutes. I think if I actually work on my swim technique I could get it down to the under 30 minute range.

Still hobbling today...it’s been awhile since I’ve been humbled during a race. I love it.
Quote Reply
Re: Augusta 70.3 [Parkland] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Curious if anyone knows how the rolldowns for Nice went?
Quote Reply
Re: Augusta 70.3 [eye3md] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IM Chattanooga was fast getting in water last year.
Quote Reply

Prev Next