Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

"Walking the Bible" on PBS
Quote | Reply
Yeah, that bastion of pinko liberalism is doing a three part series starting today, on retracing the steps of the Bible (that's the Old Testament) from creation through the time of Moses. Check your local listings for times.

An excerpt from the author of the book and the person doing the "walking": Are you a particularly spiritual person, or were you before Walking the Bible?

I actually was not before. I'm a fifth generation Jew from the South, and I would say that I felt this connection to my religion, but it wasn't a spiritual connection. And I assured everyone at the start that this was not that kind of a journey. That if anything, what drew me in was the geography and the politics and the simple question, "Is it true or not?" The story of Walking the Bible for me is that I went in looking for science, and came out craving meaning, in a nutshell. I went looking for all these rational questions, and could I make it connection with my kind of secular, rational world, and then I realized that was just this kind of crutch that I was relying on. And that what I really learned was that going into the desert, in particular, you have to learn to let go of those crutches and the civilized world, and open yourself up to something higher.

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Re: "Walking the Bible" on PBS [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Ken. I just watched the first part re broadcast this AM. It is very good.
Quote Reply