Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Help - 7 weeks Marathon training plan
Quote | Reply
G'morning,

I decided to step down from IMAZ this year due to to much workload and stress. To do at least something later this fall I'm thinking on signing up for a local marathon race.

I have 7 weeks. Last two weeks I took rest, other than that i'm coming from IM training.
Any last minute advise?

I was trying to look back to the 1:2:3 thing but couldnt really find it.

Thanks for help,
Have a great start in the week!

CHRiS
Quote Reply
Re: Help - 7 weeks Marathon training plan [Spoili007] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How much mileage have you run the past 6 months? 2 years? Goal?
7 weeks out would normally be about when you start your max mileage, so I would do moderate mileage this week, then high mileage for 4 weeks with nothing faster than hm pace. For the long runs I would sprinkle in som work at mp and build towards 4x5k at gmp or something similar.

Terrible Tuesday’s Triathlon
Quote Reply
Re: Help - 7 weeks Marathon training plan [oscaro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
oscaro wrote:
How much mileage have you run the past 6 months? 2 years? Goal?
7 weeks out would normally be about when you start your max mileage, so I would do moderate mileage this week, then high mileage for 4 weeks with nothing faster than hm pace. For the long runs I would sprinkle in som work at mp and build towards 4x5k at gmp or something similar.

Hi Oscaro,

I have an average of 600miles per year and run this accordingly (400 YTD) in 2018.
Goal is 4 hours. My HM times are 1:52-1:55 typically.
I’m not a good runner compared to my bike and swim
Last edited by: Spoili007: Sep 17, 18 4:37
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Spoili007 wrote:
G'morning,

I decided to step down from IMAZ this year due to to much workload and stress. To do at least something later this fall I'm thinking on signing up for a local marathon race.

I have 7 weeks. Last two weeks I took rest, other than that i'm coming from IM training.
Any last minute advise?

I was trying to look back to the 1:2:3 thing but couldnt really find it.

Thanks for help,
Have a great start in the week!

CHRiS

Here you go:

https://forum.slowtwitch.com/gforum.cgi?post=1612485
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Okay then I would say most important is just get your mileage up. You can't expect a good result when your weekly mileage is half the distance you are going to race. If you only have 7 weeks I would just run as much as your legs can handle, but be weary of how your body feels, no idea risking an injury. Workouts etc wont be as important as just getting some miles in this short time.

Terrible Tuesday’s Triathlon
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry but at under 12 a week and hm at your times, your not going to make 4hrs
Quote Reply