Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Pioneer Dual 9100 Comparative Power and Calibration
Quote | Reply
Hey folks,

Just got a Pioneer PM dual for use with rear disc and after installation and calibration (several times) it is delivering between 10 - 30 watts lower than powertap (a couple of these). So it isn't an absolute offset issue, but a relative issue (~9-10% lower between 100 and 300 watts), likely the calibration curve.

I do not have the Pioneer head unit so I do not know if there is more advanced calibration there or if a weight test can be done and a subsequent adjustment to curve?

I assumed the magnets for cadence are not necessary, but thought I ask if this could impact numbers (previous owner said doesn't matter).

PIA, as I have PT on training wheel for TT and road bike and P2M on trainer that are really close, so rectifying numbers is a bit problematic. I do not expect it to be the same, but the is pretty significant.

Thoughts?
Quote Reply
Re: Pioneer Dual 9100 Comparative Power and Calibration [ktm520] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i have pioneer for ultegra - dual sided - about 4 weeks now. i also discarded the magnets mostly bc i thought they were not always picking up and seemd to cause a few data drops. i believe i have far fewer data drops now. i have checked calibration a bunch (prob 20x in 4 weeks) it is always the same (within 1-3 points on a 11000 scale).
i also have data that is in the range of 7-9% lower than -- cycleops hammer, power tap, srm.
i've gotten used to it but i don't know how to lower my trainer data -- so i'm picking an arbitrary number for ftp in golden cheetah for now.

i'd prefer to alter the pioneer 'slope' if that is a possibility bc that makes my previous data easier to compare.
i'll be interested if the st folks have solutions/ideas...
sincerely rick
Quote Reply