Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How bad is an NFL Team (AND ITS NOT THE LIONS)
Quote | Reply
Buffalo just had a player retire at half time.

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Re: How bad is an NFL Team (AND ITS NOT THE LIONS) [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I saw that earlier. I don't recall that ever happening before.

I would assume no team would want him if he unretires.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
OK, the Bills are bad. But you knew the Nate Peterman era wasn't going to end well. The Josh Allen era looks like it's going to take a while.

"Human existence is based upon two pillars: Compassion and knowledge. Compassion without knowledge is ineffective; Knowledge without compassion is inhuman." Victor Weisskopf.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Walking away from the rest of a $5M contract too. That's done done.

I miss YaHey
Quote Reply
Re: How bad is an NFL Team (AND ITS NOT THE LIONS) [Alvin Tostig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Alvin Tostig wrote:
OK, the Bills are bad. But you knew the Nate Peterman era wasn't going to end well. The Josh Allen era looks like it's going to take a while.

Oh, the Josh Allen experiment didn't end? The coach has got to go, otherwise the entire team will retire.

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How bad is a player that quits on his team at halftime?

This was not the right to handle the situation... disrespectful to his teammates at the very least.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Re: How bad is an NFL Team (AND ITS NOT THE LIONS) [jmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jmh wrote:
How bad is a player that quits on his team at halftime?

This was not the right to handle the situation... disrespectful to his teammates at the very least.

I don't know. It sounded like he thought he was being disrespectful to his teammate by playing. If taken as his word, it wasn't a deal about playing time, or being upset at losing or being on a crappy team, etc. He seems to have lost all confidence in his ability to play football anymore. He could have just asked to have been taken out, and then retired after the game, I guess. But small difference.

But I think it's more respectful to remove yourself and stop taking a paycheck and give a young guy a chance. The more disrespectful thing is to mail it in and keep taking a paycheck while not really caring.
Quote Reply
Re: How bad is an NFL Team (AND ITS NOT THE LIONS) [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd agree that stepping aside once you hit that point is noble. My point relates to the timing. Do it after the game. Or after talking with your teammates about it Monday. Or before the season starts.

But not at halftime of the second game of season.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Re: How bad is an NFL Team (AND ITS NOT THE LIONS) [jmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wonder if he was trying to make a statement about the coaching by doing it that way? Or maybe he was completely exasperated and just couldn't deal with it any longer.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Maybe he didn't want to become this bills player. Hint – Helmet to no-helmet.
http://www.foxnews.com/...gruesome-tackle.html

I miss YaHey
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply