Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Post deleted by Ptchristian
Re: HELP- our Kona Rental Just cancelled! [Ptchristian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You could contact Tri Travel in Australia.
Worth a try.
Google them, great company and very helpful.
Quote Reply
Re: HELP- our Kona Rental Just cancelled! [Jonboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you jonboy- I just emailed to see what they have.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tri Travel replied quickly. They have a travel package that looks amazing, just that it is outside of our budget. We have found an option for earlier in Race Week? Now trying to find a reasonably priced place that sleeps 3 Wednesday to Monday.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In a pinch, call Kona Seaside...they usually have some space set aside even though they show as fully booked online. They are ground zero tho...a bit noisy the night before race due to setup but the location works, especially for competitors: https://www.konaseasidehotel.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kona Coast Vacations (808-329-2140) is a broker that helped me find a place when I was having trouble a couple of years ago.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ah, the old "water damage" excuse. This is a frequent VRBO/Airbnb excuse of unethical owners looking to make a few extra bucks. Keep an eye on the property and there's a good chance it will be back up for rental for the same time period very shortly. Just at a higher price.
Quote Reply
Re: HELP- our Kona Rental Just cancelled! [logella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
logella wrote:
Ah, the old "water damage" excuse. This is a frequent VRBO/Airbnb excuse of unethical owners looking to make a few extra bucks. Keep an eye on the property and there's a good chance it will be back up for rental for the same time period very shortly. Just at a higher price.

To the OP, please follow up and let us know if you see it re-listed so that we can avoid this place in the future.
Quote Reply
Re: HELP- our Kona Rental Just cancelled! [Runout] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you- great intel. I have left my name and number at Kona Seaside.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The King k usually has a couple last minute cancellations
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ptchristian wrote:
Thank you- great intel. I have left my name and number at Kona Seaside.

I was a KQ qualifier in 2010 as an amateur in Louisville so last minute. I ended up at Kona Seaside except with a reservation on Friday before the race. I checked everyday while I was there and was able to stay Friday as well. Ended up being a great location. As a single person I can't think of a better place to stay. With the AC running full blast you won't hear a thing. I even went back to my hotel after I pumped my tires up and got body marked.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: HELP- our Kona Rental Just cancelled! [rhudson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you all for the help. The Slowtwitch family is amazing! We are awaiting a couple more responses from the contacts Youall shared and are much more optimistic that we will find a spot.

PS: if I were younger, single, and the one racing- I would likely wait with hopes of grabbing one of those last minute cancellations. However, under current circumstances, if I tried that and couldn't find a vacancy my next post would be seeking marriage counseling.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a friend who has a 3 bedroom house on Alii drive, and will include use of a car! PM if interested in details
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Stayed at the Blai ki on Ali when I qualified late
Quote Reply
Re: HELP- our Kona Rental Just cancelled! [rhudson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you everyone for the advice and leads on available rentals near the We have found a place (potentially better than the one that we had originally rented before being left stranded by the owners). Best wishes to everyone for your best time(s) in Kona this year!!
Quote Reply