Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

severe prostate/pelvic pain from spinbike
Quote | Reply
due to rare rain in texas, I rode the spinbike at the gym 2 days ago. This has made me a little sore in the past, so I was uber-careful: stood up frequently, and put a big thick gel pad over the saddle. no problem during a 1 hour ride, and ran off the bike with no problem. Later that night: BIG PROBLEM; urinary frequency, and pelvic discomfort. urologist said "acute prostatitis, probably from the spinbike saddle". WHAT THE HECK!!?? I can ride 4 + hours on my speedconcept, in aero, on a cobb randee saddle, with no issues. But this just took me out of work for 2 days. How do you folks ride indoors? your own bike, with your own saddle? I cant change the saddle on the gym's spinbike. ride the gym recumbent when I ride indoors? is that even worth it? I'm 57, so that of course may play a role in this. Thanks in advance for your thoughts.
Quote Reply
Re: severe prostate/pelvic pain from spinbike [docdave1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The gel pad might have caused the problem.
Quote Reply
Re: severe prostate/pelvic pain from spinbike [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agreed- ditch the gel pad. They add bulk.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
docdave1 wrote:
due to rare rain in texas, I rode the spinbike at the gym 2 days ago. This has made me a little sore in the past, so I was uber-careful: stood up frequently, and put a big thick gel pad over the saddle. no problem during a 1 hour ride, and ran off the bike with no problem. Later that night: BIG PROBLEM; urinary frequency, and pelvic discomfort. urologist said "acute prostatitis, probably from the spinbike saddle". WHAT THE HECK!!?? I can ride 4 + hours on my speedconcept, in aero, on a cobb randee saddle, with no issues. But this just took me out of work for 2 days. How do you folks ride indoors? your own bike, with your own saddle? I cant change the saddle on the gym's spinbike. ride the gym recumbent when I ride indoors? is that even worth it? I'm 57, so that of course may play a role in this. Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

none of us are riding gym bikes. We are all riding our own bikes on trainers watching netfix or some stupid avitar on a fake course. haha you couldn't pay me enough to ride one of those gym bikes
Quote Reply
Re: severe prostate/pelvic pain from spinbike [Ptchristian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks for the help; had not thought of that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can only ride indoor on my bike trainers with Adamo saddle. A gel saddle would make my prostate very angry. I am 58 yrs.
Quote Reply