Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Rolling Start Race Strategy [abISU] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
abISU wrote:
As a good swimmer who seeds herself properly, I get really tired of dealing with asshats that think they are going to gain a ton of time by drafting while I have to swim around and sometimes over you. Too many people have this drafting strategy, which ends up making it impossible to draft because the guy next to you is most likely just as slow if not slower. I've swam my whole life and would also argue that few people other than top swimmers really know how and can draft effectively in an open water swim.

Thanks for coming out swinging. If you read the post you'll find that i'm not talking about seeding myself with faster swimmers and becoming a road block. That said, I AM talking about seeding myself with slower swimmers, but as a "good swimmer," you will know that good swimmers typically don't have much trouble or make a lot of contact when swimming through the field. We know that we're better off to just keep swimming as Dory would say, rather than engage in meaningless contact. I should clarify that i'm not a "good swimmer." I'm a "good triathlon swimmer" who typically finishes very near the front of my age group at an IM branded race.
Quote Reply

Prev Next