Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Hey, turn on the TV it's the "State of the Union" address
Quote | Reply
Watch Bush, then you can come back and debate about it and how it relates to triathlons.

-

I don't work here, I just live here
Quote Reply
Re: Hey, turn on the TV it's the "State of the Union" address [Ze Gopha] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hm....I'd say that tonights events would be a lot like each of us getting to do our best event of a triathlon and then be declared the winner...for me that would be transitions:-)...................Bush gets to run against Saddam...going to be difficult to beat....kinda like me in transitions. There is the issue of the economy...but it is a pretty complex campaign conversation, (kind of like me trying to swim).....much more so than running against Saddam....Darn that Dean for leading the whole Democratic party to this point.....kind of like following the lead swimmer who takes the whole group way off course.......
Quote Reply
Re: Hey, turn on the TV it's the "State of the Union" address [Ze Gopha] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
how can you tell when Bush is telling a lie?

his lips are moving

[of course the same goes for all the other politicians too]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"on your Left"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I missed Bush's address, but caught the democratic address.

As I listened I noticed that the democrats seem to think it is the government's responsibility to provide jobs, school, health insurance, and retirement for its people. They also seem to want to enforce an equality of wealth atmosphere.

Is that accurate?

I ask because if true ... it's remarkably similar to a type of government that starts with an "S" and one that I sometimes joke that is going to have us being called the USSA.

------------------------------------

They also spoke of a time when "everyone could afford college". When was this?

Again, I ask b/c the way it is now, the less money you have, the more free money (grants) you get. [Making college afforgable for everyone, right?]

I know this b/c in college, despite working 50 hours a week (struggling to pay bills in KC) and being 23, I could not get grant money (only loans) b/c [1] my dad made too much money (but wasn't paying my tuition), [2] I wasn't 25, and [3] I wasn't married.

-----------------------------------

I don't know that I necesarily want to "learn more" about politics, political parties, etc. *wink*

=======================
-- Every morning brings opportunity;
Each evening offers judgement. --
Quote Reply
Recap of "State of the Union" address [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Blah blah blah blah blah I care so much about you Blah blah blah blah blah all I think about is gay marrige and I don't know why Blah blah blah blah blah remind me not to talk about the colony on the moon idea I had earlier this week Blah blah blah blah blah the war on terrorism is going great and let's forget about the whole WMD store I told you Blah blah blah blah blah the economy is roaring if you were rich to begin with Blah blah blah blah blah I sure wish there was an intern that would get it on with me Blah blah blah blah blah
Quote Reply
Re: Hey, turn on the TV it's the "State of the Union" address [eric] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
"Of course the same goes for all the other politicians too"
Quote Reply
Technology [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was lucky. I got the newest version of TIVO yesterday right before the address. Not only does the new version tape, record, search, and remind, it also allows you to post the stuff to the computer, and then it translates what came out of the persons mouth, to what they were actually saying. Here ya go:

BUSH:
Hi! Vote for me. people and stuff for reasons and things where me huh boxers poodles, reasons things, vote for me, me good, airplanes and security for purple now be whatooo, vote for me, then me happen ravioli pizza, stuff, vote for me. (This continued for about an hour.)

THE DEMOCRATIC RESPONSE:
Hello, we hate being here. The state of the Union is bad, elect me, I fix it. Give me money. Lie. look at Bush, bad. Twisting the truth. Give me money. Look at my face don't you think you can trust me? (Wink, Wink) Brainwash. Give me your money. Lie. Generalizing. Give me money. Problems someone else's fault. Give me money. All good things that happen are because of me. Give me money. All bad things are Mr. Bush's fault. Give me money. Give me money. Twisting the truth again. Give me money. Good Bye!

I recommend everyone gets this new TIVO. It rocks!
Quote Reply
Re: Technology [Ze Gopha] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
<<I was lucky. I got the newest version of TIVO yesterday right before the address. Not only does the new version tape, record, search, and remind, it also allows you to post the stuff to the computer, and then it translates what came out of the persons mouth, to what they were actually saying. Here ya go: >>

Now run it through the Snoop Dogg shizzolator!

Brett
Quote Reply
Re: Technology [Ze Gopha] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I was lucky. I got the newest version of TIVO yesterday right before the address. Not only does the new version tape, record, search, and remind, it also allows you to post the stuff to the computer, and then it translates what came out of the persons mouth, to what they were actually saying. Here ya go:

BUSH:
Hi! Vote for me. people and stuff for reasons and things where me huh boxers poodles, reasons things, vote for me, me good, airplanes and security for purple now be whatooo, vote for me, then me happen ravioli pizza, stuff, vote for me. (This continued for about an hour.)

THE DEMOCRATIC RESPONSE:
Hello, we hate being here. The state of the Union is bad, elect me, I fix it. Give me money. Lie. look at Bush, bad. Twisting the truth. Give me money. Look at my face don't you think you can trust me? (Wink, Wink) Brainwash. Give me your money. Lie. Generalizing. Give me money. Problems someone else's fault. Give me money. All good things that happen are because of me. Give me money. All bad things are Mr. Bush's fault. Give me money. Give me money. Twisting the truth again. Give me money. Good Bye!

I recommend everyone gets this new TIVO. It rocks!

My god, you should be on CNN or Fox...factual reporting!

It was kinda like the teacher on Charlie Brown...waaa waaaa wa wa waaaaaa waaaa Iraq...waaaaaaaa....

To think I am a die hard Republican...I cant even watch the damn speach with out falling out of my chair due to lack of mental stimuli.

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Re: Recap of "State of the Union" address [tritnow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't normally post to these political discussions, but I feel that I need to now.

My observations:
We sure have become a cynical bunch of people. Though many politicians have selfish motives, I guess I still believe in our form of govenment. I had my children stay up late and watch the speech so that we could see our government in action. I was able to point out to them that not everybody agreed with everybody. The applause and lack thereof on certain points in Bush's speech demonstrated that. Though I am a republican, I don't agree with Bush on everything.

I also have the privildge of going to my state capitol building this past Monday (MLK day) and visit with a state senator (a democrat). I got from her a genuine interest in doing her best for what she believed in. Here was a politician that was genuinely interested in helping others.

If we want change then we need to do something about it. Those who complain have nothing to complain about unless they attempt to change the situation. Isn't this an amazing country that a boy or girl could grow up to be the president. Look at Colin Powel: A man of humble circumstances who has risen to one of the highest positions in all of the world.

Have a great day.

Jon Bergmann
http://jonbergmann.com
Quote Reply
Re: Technology [Record10ti] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can't watch Bush. His eyes are too close together for me to not chuckle. It reminds me of the ferret from the Budweiser commercials featuring Vinne and the other Chameleon. Although, his speech following 9/11 of "If you're not with us, you're against us" was a pretty good speech. I don't think it really led to anything, but it was inspirational at the time.

The democratic lady from Cali was kind of a hottie for an older lady. I liked how she kept saying that the economy as strong because of the "spirit of the american people". I'm guessing if there was a Democratic prsident she would have also give *a little* credit to the president. Just a hunch. It was kinda funny when she kept losing her place on the telepromptor.

The Democratic guy from SD had a smile that was just too true to be anything but satanic (sarcasm). Could he have told any more "driving through South Dakota" stories? I found it interested how he thought it was the government's job to provide health care, education, retirement, etc for america's citizens? That actually cautioned me quite a bit.

=======================
-- Every morning brings opportunity;
Each evening offers judgement. --
Quote Reply