Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Roll Call IMCHOO [MrRabbit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MrRabbit wrote:
I feel ya. 6th overall but still just 4th in my AG. Missed 5th OA by 13 seconds too so I don't even get that consolation prize!

If you would have asked me if I'd take my time pre race I'd have locked it in feeling great about a KQ. Pretty crazy 30-34 field out there yesterday though, whatcha gonna do (besides hit up the Cry like a Biatch thread tomorrow perhaps..).

That’s a great result, you should be proud of that. It was a crazy fast group from M30-34. Strange how that happens, but nothing you can do about it. The age group thing is so random. If I were six months older I would have KQ’d in M40-44!

Dimond Bikes Superfan
Quote Reply
Re: Roll Call IMCHOO [ericlambi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
30-34 is the age group of death. Yesterday was my first Ironman in the 35-39 age group. I’m glad I’m out of 30-34. Eric, you were on the diamond bike correct? I had the baby blue kit and was on the black and red qr. You passed me around mile 5 of the run when I took a quick porta stop and I stayed with you to the bottom of Barton on the first loop then you dropped me and the wheels started coming off the bus for me the second loop. Congrats on your race!
Quote Reply
Re: Roll Call IMCHOO [Gtjojo189] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gtjojo189 wrote:
30-34 is the age group of death. Yesterday was my first Ironman in the 35-39 age group. I’m glad I’m out of 30-34. Eric, you were on the diamond bike correct? I had the baby blue kit and was on the black and red qr. You passed me around mile 5 of the run when I took a quick porta stop and I stayed with you to the bottom of Barton on the first loop then you dropped me and the wheels started coming off the bus for me the second loop. Congrats on your race!

Yeah, was me on the Dimond. I wondered how I crossed the line in second when I knew there was more than one 35-39er ahead of me.

Dimond Bikes Superfan
Quote Reply
Re: Roll Call IMCHOO [Gtjojo189] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gtjojo189 wrote:

One more year in the AG of death for me!

Also, Cody just said he was taking his Kona slot during his acceptance speech. Awesome.

Too old to go pro but doing it anyway
http://instagram.com/tgarvey4
Quote Reply
Re: Roll Call IMCHOO [MrRabbit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Boy, the bike at Chatt was awesome. I kept it under my targeted power and rode faster than I thought possible (5:16). Got out on the run feeling pretty good, but the lack of shade and the heat of the day, not to mention the damn Barton hills, conspired against me for my worst IM run since 2010.

Still a fun event, but, you better be run fit to race there.
Last edited by: d00d: Oct 2, 18 6:44
Quote Reply
Re: Roll Call IMCHOO [d00d] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The temps at Choo were much milder this year than years past! It is a great race indeed!
Quote Reply
Re: Roll Call IMCHOO [arby] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
arby wrote:
The temps at Choo were much milder this year than years past! It is a great race indeed!

People who're saying that the run was 'fine', who are you?!!! :) Where and how did you train for that?

I understand Boston is north, but I thought we had heat and humidity. IMCHOO 18 this was something else for me. Temperature literally pounded me down to the ground after 2 miles on the open highway.
Quote Reply
Re: Roll Call IMCHOO [ask77nl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not op but I also felt fine during the run (walked only 5 minutes total mostly during aid stations, run time was 20 minutes slower than my standalone marathon PR). I felt that my training strategy worked. I did very little intense run training but most of those runs were in "race like" and "worse than race like" conditions around Knoxville in an easy place with plenty of water/electrolytes. The intense runs were in a treadmill in an air conditioned and ventilated room. Plus. 4-5 weeks out of the race during peak training I phased out as much air conditioning as possible from daily life/job.
Quote Reply

Prev Next