You sir, are my new hero! - Trifan 11/13/2008

Casey, you are a wise man - blueraider_mike 11/13/2008

Casey, This is an astute observation. - Slowbern 11/17/2008
Quote Reply
Re: Dave Barry's Year in Review [matty1281] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dave Barry is a comic genius.

Quote | Reply
'In disturbing medical news, a new study of 1,000 Americans finds that obesity in the United States has gotten so bad that there actually were, upon closer scrutiny, only 600 Americans involved in the study.'

I have not read his stuff in quite awhile, too funny!
Quote Reply
Re: Dave Barry's Year in Review [spot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
funniest thing I have read in a long time..... A couple of my favorites (there were many more)

In sports, Lance Armstrong rides down the Champs-Elysees, raising his arms in a triumphant gesture, which causes the French army to surrender instantly.

No, sorry; that was a cheap shot. One unit held out for nearly an hour.

Meanwhile, in yet another blow to the troubled U.S. manned-spaceflight program, a Discovery crew member is forced to undertake a risky spacewalk when a technician notices a terrified NASA painter clinging to the shuttle fuselage. Then, because of bad weather, Discovery must divert from Cape Canaveral and land at Chicago's O'Hare airport, where the crew is forced to wait for nearly two hours at baggage claim. NASA suspends the shuttle program, saying it will look into other options, including a possible joint venture with Delta Air Lines.

In world news, members of the newly elected Iraqi parliament demonstrate a surprisingly sophisticated grasp of the principles of American-style democracy by voting to build a $223 million bridge to a virtually uninhabited island off the coast of Alaska.
Quote Reply
Re: Dave Barry's Year in Review [wahoo magoo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Barry truly is an original comic genius. Jokes about the french Army, airline service and kooky Californians! HA HA HA nobody has ever gone there before.

Yawn.

Take my wife, SOMEONE PLEASE! ha ha ha.

You call yourself a Christian, I call you hypocrite. You call yourself a patriot well, I think you're full of s**t

NeoCon by the Rolling Stones
Quote Reply
Re: Dave Barry's Year in Review [matty1281] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey! It looks like he posts in the LR on a regular basis. Iwonder what his screen name is?

. . . President Bush, in a decisive response to sharply rising gasoline prices, delivers a major speech proposing that Americans switch to nuclear-powered cars. In a strongly worded rebuttal, angry congressional Democrats state that, because of a scheduling mixup, they missed the president's speech, but whatever he said, they totally disagree with it, and if they once voted in favor of it, they did so only because the president lied to them.

Behold the turtle! He makes progess only when he sticks his neck out. (James Bryant Conant)
GET OFF THE F*%KING WALL!!!!!!! (Doug Stern)
Brevity is the soul of wit. (William Shakespeare)
Quote Reply