Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Need to vent about selling on ebay [TPerkin2000] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TPerkin2000 wrote:
I had something similar selling a pair of running shoes a few years ago and have not sold anything on Ebay since. I clearly marked them as used - I'd run about 20 miles in them before deciding they were not going to work for me - all clearly stated in the listing with no returns accepted. This went back and forth for weeks. Here is the transcript of that incident for your reading pleasure:

New message from: **** Hi, I am sorry that you have decided to close my request to return these shoes, but you have failed to describe them accurately. These are not US size 10.5, they must be 10 or even 9.5 US. If you choose not to offer returns on an item listed for sale, than they need to be described accurately enough to avoid any issues with the buyer. In this case, it must be mentioned that this manufacturer runs about a half size small, or if not for sure, take out a measuring tape and specify. Every shoe that I own, casual, athletic, or formal, my size is 10.5, therefore they should fit if they were true to US sizing scale, but certainly not in this case.

shredz2000: I'm sorry you feel the item wasnt accurately described, but I do not agree the listing was inaccurate based on your comments. The tongues of the shoes and their original box clearly show they are size US 10.5, as stated in the listing. I have worn over 15 pairs of Newtons, all size 10.5, and have never found any of them to be too small. Running shoes from different manufacturers all fit differently.Your belief that Newtons run small to their size as a general product is not my responsibility when listing the item. The shoes were listed as US 10.5, which you say you received, but you have issue with the manufacturer's sizing. This is the reason I do not accept returns. I am not a store or a business. I'm sorry that you feel the shoes do not fit you properly, but the shoes you received were correctly listed as Newton US 10.5.

New message from: ***** I fail to understand your reasoning. You say you have owned 15 pairs yet you are getting rid of these because you prefer the more common medial posting, buy their whole product line is geared towards a forefoot strike. As with most of those who sell on ebay, including myself, even though not the capasity of a store, you still bare much of the same responsibility as one, as with any form of selling, using the same ethics. You say that since the label reads 10.5 that that means it is what it says it is? Only in a perfect world where there are no errors and people do things the same. Things get mislabeled, and even if this is, or it is not as it says it is, I have no way of knowing the fitting of the shoe. Look friend, you are the only seller not offering returns on this newton brand for what ever reason may be, I don't know, but please see that you migjt be wrong in running your add this way. Usually i buy my runners at a specialty athletic store geared towards running, Fleet Feet Sports, thay carry one of the largest brand selections i have ever seen, and yet they do not carry the Newton brand, so I have no way of trying them out elsewhere. Please see that by blaming for not having been familiar with the sizing or fit of a little known brand of shoes just makes you look bad as a seller. You are only proving that you are not willing to satisfy or accommodate for your customers and take responsibility and understand concerns of your clients.

shredz2000: Dear ****, I know for certain that they are 10.5s because, as the listing stated, I wore them for about 20 miles. They fit exactly the same as the Motion IVs I'm using, which are also 10.5s. I wanted to try the neutral Gravity IVs, but after a few runs determined that I prefer the medial posting in the Motion IVs, which is the reason I'm selling the Gravity IVs. These were not a new pair of shoes I never tried on. >Please see that by blaming for not having been familiar with the sizing or fit of a little known brand of shoes just makes you look bad as a seller.< I do not agree. I'm not blaming you for anything. My listing clearly stated that returns are not accepted and you are asking to return them. The listing accurately represented the shoes you received in terms of their stated size and condition. I fail to see how I'm responsible if you disagree with the manufacturer's stated sizing or are unfamiliar with the brand. >Usually i buy my runners at a specialty athletic store geared towards running, Fleet Feet Sports, thay carry one of the largest brand selections i have ever seen, and yet they do not carry the Newton brand, so I have no way of trying them out elsewhere< In fact Fleet Feet as a chain does sell Newtons: https://www.fleetfeetsports.com/search?q=Newton Whether they sell them at your local store I do not know. Look I'm not trying to scam anyone here. I have a simple return policy to avoid all this back and forth, and thats to not accept returns. My seller rating and feedback are 100% positive. I fail to see how the listing misrepresented the shoes you received in any way when I know from having worn them they are the size that is listed.
- shredz2000

New message from: ***** I apologize for any trouble and inconvenience i have caused you and also for any accusations that were made regarding your add. I have not meant any harm. In a nutshell, I just wasn't pleased with the fit, although they did seem small for me, maybe that is the way they are supposed to fit considering their products are all built for the biomechanics of a forefoot strike, which is completely my fault for not having tried one on somehow somewhere before purchasing from you. Yet, still, unsatisfied customers on Ebay, in most cases, qualify for there Ebay money back guarantee, hence the reason why you are receiving these back to sell again. I just wanted to be completely frank and make my case clear with you, and I do regard you still as an honest "Ebayer" and person, so if we have an accord, I will put positive comments with highest rating, as long as you can do the same?

shredz2000: Dear ****, Here's what I'll do - I will refund you $50. Thats all that I got out of the sale after the ebay/paypal fees and shipping. I cant recoup those costs. How does that sound?

The guy went on to ship them back to me anyway. He then opened a Paypal claim against me to try and get his money back, and I sent them the above transcript. They ended up siding with me and I made the guy pay $25 to ship them back to him since he decided he wanted them after losing the Paypal case.

Talk about the biggest waste of time.

Such a nightmare. I am not on FB so selling is not an option. Otherwise would have ditched ebay long ago.
Quote Reply
Re: Need to vent about selling on ebay [D_PRC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
D_PRC wrote:
I read through the posts in the thread. But I am still confused to What was the end result, sounds like you have the wheels back in your possession and you paid the return shipping and refunded the buyer? Or are you still arguing with him and waiting on eBay to make a final decision?

What is your eBay username?

I'm really sorry you got screwed on the shipping...

I have a lot of advise to share and more than willing to help anyone selling on eBay. The problem is it is all case by case, and there is no catch all.

After going back and forth the buyer closed his request and apologized for wasting my time. @!#$% idiot. I have been selling on ebay for 15 years. Not sure about my dollar volume but it is significant. Hardly a newbie but get frustrated with the farging iceholes that run rampant on that site.
Quote Reply
Re: Need to vent about selling on ebay [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are you required to use paypal over there? I am in Germany and on our ebay paypal is an option. I don't use it and use normal bank transfer instead. They buy on ebay, pay to my bank account and I ship the stuff. When a buyer tries to pull stuff, which sadly is a lot more regularly nowadays than it used to, theres no way ebay can force me to do anything with regards to returns/reimbursements since the money is in my bank account and paypal is not involved.
Quote Reply
Re: Need to vent about selling on ebay [surrey85] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
surrey85 wrote:
Are you required to use paypal over there? I am in Germany and on our ebay paypal is an option. I don't use it and use normal bank transfer instead. They buy on ebay, pay to my bank account and I ship the stuff. When a buyer tries to pull stuff, which sadly is a lot more regularly nowadays than it used to, theres no way ebay can force me to do anything with regards to returns/reimbursements since the money is in my bank account and paypal is not involved.

We have the option to choose, everyone uses paypal. It's advised to use paypal. eBay recently announced they will be taking over facilitating payments and moving away from paypal.

https://www.recode.net/2018/1/31/16957212/ebay-adyen-paypal-payments-agreement

Grow with data: Dynamic Sports Data | eBay store
Quote Reply
Re: Need to vent about selling on ebay [1poseur1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1poseur1 wrote:
D_PRC wrote:
I read through the posts in the thread. But I am still confused to What was the end result, sounds like you have the wheels back in your possession and you paid the return shipping and refunded the buyer? Or are you still arguing with him and waiting on eBay to make a final decision?

What is your eBay username?

I'm really sorry you got screwed on the shipping...

I have a lot of advise to share and more than willing to help anyone selling on eBay. The problem is it is all case by case, and there is no catch all.

After going back and forth the buyer closed his request and apologized for wasting my time. @!#$% idiot. I have been selling on ebay for 15 years. Not sure about my dollar volume but it is significant. Hardly a newbie but get frustrated with the farging iceholes that run rampant on that site.

I'm glad it worked out for you, your buyer was not a newbie either. I looked up his profile, he has had his share of angry buyers in the past. He even sells various bike components.

On a side note.... I can't believe it cost you $100+ to ship a wheel-set. I just sold an aluminum wheel-set and shipping was $25 (FedEx label printed through eBay).

Grow with data: Dynamic Sports Data | eBay store
Quote Reply

Prev Next