Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

It is September 2018. Is anyone still running in Newtons? How is the health of the company?
Quote | Reply
Someone posted this over at LRC, but they kinda hate Newtons over there, so not expecting much. I have gotten away from them recently, but I hear the Distance 7s are a lot better than previous models.

Anyone still using them?

Also, did the downsizing help them recover? Or are they, financially speaking, a sinking ship?

“Life is like a 10-speed bicycle. Most of us have gears we never use.” Charles Schultz
Quote Reply
Re: It is September 2018. Is anyone still running in Newtons? How is the health of the company? [TheJeff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can’t really speak for the company itself but I still run in them. Just got a pair of the gravity 7’s. They are slightly smaller than my gravity 5’s but not enough to size up a half size. I wear the gravity’s and distance elites. I have tried some other shoes but I keep coming back to the gravity’s. They are my go to shoe and I wear them the most. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.

I do think if they want to stay in business they need to lower their prices. Newton isn’t Nike.

blog
Quote Reply
Re: It is September 2018. Is anyone still running in Newtons? How is the health of the company? [TheJeff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We've had at most 3 customers come in and ask for them over the past 6mo that I can remember.

I know one person that still has a pair and she's not looking to replace them.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nah. I gave up on them several years ago due to poor quality control. Had a couple with premature lug seperation from the rest of the sole. They cost too much for that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I still run in them but have been gradually moving away. Hoping by the end of the year I have enough other shoe options that I won't need to buy newtons anymore. They need to drop their prices by $30-50 in order for me to want to stick with them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd noticed the new color ways...but to be honest is there anything actually new here?

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: It is September 2018. Is anyone still running in Newtons? How is the health of the company? [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm still running in them and love them. Currently have Distance V, Gravity V and Gravity VII. I just like them and been my only running brand, other than a pair of Vivobarefoot for off soft road stuff. Also I found he shoes last a lot longer than other brands that I've used, in terms of upper, sole and cushioning.

http://www.tri-monkey.co.uk
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Didn't you know Hoka's are the new Newtons ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Crowie is.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply