Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Superslice finally here [zooropa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For Europeans, Bike-Boarder has an Ultegra 52 left for 3000 EUR, and a 56 for 3300 EUR: https://www.biker-boarder.de/...sser/triathlonraeder

I had contacted them to check, they are still available. Competing in my Shopping cart with a Cervelo P-Series, also in Ultegra for 2900 EUR: https://rybb.fr/...31-selle-cervelo_tri

My size is 54, what I really want is a new Orbea Ordu and I am completely broke :(

https://www.strava.com/athletes/13873052
Quote Reply
Re: Superslice finally here [doublea334] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
doublea334 wrote:
That’s beautiful!!! I’m looking forward to the full build.
Any chance you can snag some weights before the build up?

Size 56...quick weighing out of the box...included frame/fork/seat post/aero bar/extensions and pro logo saddle...7.5lbs...
Last edited by: zooropa: Nov 21, 20 19:14
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
zooropa wrote:
doublea334 wrote:
That’s beautiful!!! I’m looking forward to the full build.
Any chance you can snag some weights before the build up?

Size 56...quick weighing out of the box...included frame/fork/seat post and pro logo saddle...7.5lbs...

Any chance we can get the weight in grams? Preferably without saddle, but Stem, fork post, etc. included. i.e. all the proprietary stuffs.

My YouTubes

Quote Reply
Re: Superslice finally here [LAI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you don't know your conversions, Google can help. Lol.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks! If you have the individual parts available to weigh, I’d really appreciate it.

I’ve got a 12 lb SuperSix so am fan boying over Cannondale right now, and would love to see how light and aero I can build up a SuperSlice.

Alex Arman

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Superslice finally here [BigBoyND] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BigBoyND wrote:
If you don't know your conversions, Google can help. Lol.

LMAO. You must be one insecure individual. There is my assumption to go with yours. I guess you don't know that most scales will round. Their scale could be rounding to tenth of a pound or half of a pound. I don't know which it is rounding to, do you? Using grams allows us to see how precise a measurement we're looking at.

My YouTubes

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
True I assumed. Based on your wording it sounded like the unit of measure was the problem, not precision. I assumed you were being lazy just as you assumed he was using any particular scale.

I measure my bikes to the nearest 1-5 grams depending on the scale and method, but convert to X.Y KG or XY.Z pounds for forums... my road bike is 7427 grams but I'd say 7.4 kg here, because the former isn't conventional.
Last edited by: BigBoyND: Nov 22, 20 0:33
Quote Reply
Re: Superslice finally here [doublea334] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
doublea334 wrote:
Thanks! If you have the individual parts available to weigh, I’d really appreciate it.

I’ve got a 12 lb SuperSix so am fan boying over Cannondale right now, and would love to see how light and aero I can build up a SuperSlice.

I’m sorry to say that am too far along now to be able to do this. I will however take off the saddle and weigh that so you can take that out...

I enjoy building new bikes...so have done a few...and this base bar is the most difficult I have come across to get brake cable housing through...I am really happy how it has turned out so far...my only disappointment are the extensions...and their proprietary design. The clamps will not take any “normal” extensions...and these are way too short for my fit. I called vision and they only made these in 270 or 290mm length...so it’s just no good. I am hoping my eyes are correct and that the shape of the spacers and clamps are the same as some earlier 3T designs...if so I think I can utilize some 3T clamps and use any extension I choose.

If anyone else has any experience with this “Metron 4D” system I would really appreciate any insights on how to get another option to work on these aero bars. I even tried to see if the 51 speed shop mono bar system would work but it would rub the frame when turning...so these Superslice base bars are it, I guess.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So I got my hands on a 54cm SuperSlice. Just broke it down and weighed it. I’m a bit disappointed for a Hi-Mod frame :/

Frame: 1570g (this includes FSA PF30 BB)
Frame hardware: 37g (front and rear derailleur hangers, under BB battery holder)
Fork: 434g (includes expansion plug)
Seatpost: 131g
Seatpost/saddle hardware: 114g

This all compared to a P5D build:

Alex Arman

Strava
Last edited by: doublea334: Jan 15, 21 14:11
Quote Reply

Prev Next