Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Blue card for blocking at IM 70.3 Worlds South Africa
Quote | Reply
Anyone aware of someone receiving a blue card penalty for blocking at IM 70.3 Worlds South Africa?

Kyle Welch
Quote Reply
Re: Blue card for blocking at IM 70.3 Worlds South Africa [kyle_welch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kyle_welch wrote:
Anyone aware of someone receiving a blue card penalty for blocking at IM 70.3 Worlds South Africa?

Blocking was supposed to be a yellow card, 30s. I got done along with a whole bunch of others for drafting/blocking as soon as we hit the narrow, hilly section. I was the last wave at 9.30. My first drafting penalty. I hate it when people get busted for drafting and try and make excuses, so I'll just take that one on the chin. It was very busy, but I could have worked harder to stay out of the 12m zone.
Quote Reply
Re: Blue card for blocking at IM 70.3 Worlds South Africa [kyle_welch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Blocking is a yellow card penalty, not a blue card penalty (at least ITU rules wise)... Blue cards are reserved for drafting, or for re-passing someone without allowing the draft zone to re-establish again (which is still drafting anyways...).
Quote Reply
Re: Blue card for blocking at IM 70.3 Worlds South Africa [Trauma] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Trauma wrote:
Blue cards are reserved for drafting, or for re-passing someone without allowing the draft zone to re-establish again (which is still drafting anyways...).

Incorrect.

This is a overtaken violation subject to a yellow card (30/60 second penalty).

Quote:

An overtaken athlete must immediately drop out of the draft zone of the passing athlete, and must continuously make rearward progress out of the draft zone of the passing athlete. Re-passing by the overtaken athlete prior to dropping out of the draft zone will result in an overtaken violation; (30 or 60 Second Time Penalty (as applicable))

Ironman Rules
Quote Reply
Re: Blue card for blocking at IM 70.3 Worlds South Africa [zedzded] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What does one do when given a blue card for "blocking" and the official on motorbike specifically tells you it is for "blocking" when you ask why the blue card? Do you try to argue on the course a blue card is not meant for blocking? Or do you go to the penalty tent and document the blue card for blocking on the sheet and then discuss the discrepancy with the tent official? Or do you serve 5min for the erroneous blue card violation and then protest it after the race? What if the tent official suggests you carry on with the race after serving 30sec in the tent (which is what a blocking penalty should be in an IM 70.3 race) despite the fact you were issued a blue card and it won't reconcile after the race and risk DQ?

Kyle Welch
Quote Reply
Post deleted by windschatten [ In reply to ]
Last edited by: windschatten: Sep 7, 18 21:04
Re: Blue card for blocking at IM 70.3 Worlds South Africa [windschatten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not littering. Official specifically said blocking.

So you would ignore the penalty tent official’s suggestion to proceed after noticing a blue card was issued for blocking on the log sheet?

Kyle Welch
Quote Reply