Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

What's your 'won't race without it' item you don't see on typical race checklists?
Quote | Reply
We all know the normal stuff: Bodyglide, sunscreen, that sort of thing.

I'm curious, does anyone have any little hacks or must-haves that are a bit out of the norm for either racing or training?

I recently heard that people will chew gum on long course to fight that sticky sickly sweet feeling from the liquid nutrition. For me, I just found (after like a decade of cycling) how great yellow/orange lenses are vs grey sunglasses when out closer to sunset.

Anyone?

JustinDoesTriathlon

Owner, FuelRodz Endurance.
Quote Reply
Re: What's your 'won't race without it' item you don't see on typical race checklists? [justinhorne] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
While racing I keep 1 or 2 little packets of mustard in the pocket on my shorts, in case of cramping.

"I'm thinking of a number between 1 and 10, and I don't know why!"
Quote Reply
Re: What's your 'won't race without it' item you don't see on typical race checklists? [justinhorne] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
justinhorne wrote:
I recently heard that people will chew gum on long course to fight that sticky sickly sweet feeling from the liquid nutrition.

I do this with Extra evergreen flavor gum. Read long, long time ago that evergreen actually has a positive impact on performance. Don't ask me to produce the literature. I just know I read it way back when, tried it, and has been a checklist item ever since.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
An absolute "must have" for me are ear plugs for the swim. Without them I'm done honestly. My biggest fear when getting into the sport were the ear aches I encountered as a kid and the ear drops my Mom used to apply because my ears canals, drums, hurt so bad. I have a pair in my ears 15 minutes before race start and I have my wife carry a pair close to the start just in case I lose one. Petrified to swim without them.
Quote Reply