Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How many oz (ml) do you take per hour on the bike in an IM?
Quote | Reply
Just curious what other people do in terms of hydration in an IM? Both hot and cool conditions?
Quote Reply
Re: How many oz (ml) do you take per hour on the bike in an IM? [endurance1234] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IM Lake Placid this year was cool/rainy, I took a little over 24 oz/hr. In a hot race I will take double that (I am a heavy sweater)
Quote Reply
Re: How many oz (ml) do you take per hour on the bike in an IM? [endurance1234] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I try for over 50 oz/hr in hot conditions. Around 35 in cooler races.

Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm about a 24oz/hr guy as well. Probably a little more if its really hot.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As you alluded to, it is certainly different for hot/cool race conditions. I don't follow an exact oz/hour but I try to drink at a rate that will require me to pee at end of bike for a HIM and for a full, about 1/2 through the bike and again in T2.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Blog: https://swimbikerunrinserepeat.wordpress.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't aim for a particular amount, I just drink when thirsty.
On a cool day, I can drink as little as 10oz an hour, and up to 24oz on a hot day.
Forcing yourself to drink a certain amount each hour is foolish.
LISTEN TO YOUR BODY.

A classic nutrition mistake is to go with all liquid calories on a cool race day.
You won't want to drink and you'll end up bloated if you try to get more liquid in than your body uses.
Quote Reply