Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Maximum Rim Width Cervelo P2 2011
Quote | Reply
Hi - I have been reading the forum for quite some time and usually I find my answers using the search button but unfortunately this time was not possible.

What is the maximum rim width for using in a "old" cervelo P2 2011. I am thinking about buying the swissside 845 that are now on sale but I am bit unsure if it would fit on my bike without rubbing. I have brand new GP4000SII that are intended to install on those new wheels.

The plan is to have it as a racing wheel set and for occasional training rides here in Finland.

Thanks for sharing your knowledge.

Carlos
Quote Reply
Re: Maximum Rim Width Cervelo P2 2011 [Cadu_FinlandTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a 2010 P2 and I've never had a problem with rim width if I used a 23. Apparently some 25's will clear on certain rims but in my experience any wheel flex will make it rub (like when out of the saddle). Also, I've never tried something purposefully wider like the new rims that are optimized for 25s.
Quote Reply
Re: Maximum Rim Width Cervelo P2 2011 [Lucas_Martins] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Lucas,
I am currently running Continental Grandsport 25s with Shimano RS-30 wheels without rubbing. I am just afraid that with the modern wider rims it might rub.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have run HED stingers on a 2011/12 P3...which are 28mm wide. Never had an issue. The wheels you are discussing are clinchers...but my best guess is they will be fine if you use 23mm tires and not 25mm...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Zipp 404FC rear / Flo 60 front with specialized turbo 26mm fit

Canadian Record Holder 35-39M & 40-44M - 200 m Butterfly (LCM)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would be concerned about tire width.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have an old p2 and rim width won't be an issue. It's the tire width you may run into, but i've fit everything i've ever tired in there including enve's w/ 25s
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm riding a '08, maybe '09, don't remember P2C.
I'd be cautious and see if you can test the wheel before you buy it.

I tried some 25mm Continental 4000 and the problem wasn't lateral clearance, although it was tight.
What I ran into was brake reach.
I had to back the dropout screws out almost to their max to allow the tire to clear the seat tube cut out.
That pushed the wheel back so that I couldn't get my pads low enough to properly contact the brake track. They would either rub the tire or it was a funny angle. I tried 3 or 4 different brake sets before I finally found one that worked. And I wasn't a huge fan of that brake set.
Not worth it to me. I finally just decided to stick with 23mm and narrow wheels. Put the dropout screws back where they belong, put my preferred brakes back on the bike.
It's just one less thing I have to worry about when riding.
Quote Reply