Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: IM Transition [jazzymusicman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think most of you are pretty spot on. The only thing I will add is that Bike Special Needs bags are not necessarily available on the second lap. Because of the way the course is laid out, its possible, but I wouldn't plan on it, especially if youre later in the day. Once that cutoff at the first lap is over, we tear that area down. As some posts have mentioned, once you exit the swim, dismount your bike, etc. we've got you... You cant screw it up! You are physically barricaded in and forced to go through the correct chutes. Hundreds of volunteers will be in transition to help guide you as well (thank them).

No major changes this year, same swim, bike, and run we've used for a few years now. Im sticking with the first come/first serve swim start line. With the 16:30 finish cutoff, the folks who are worried about missing the physical cutoffs will always go at the front, therefore screwing up the process. Once you get a few hundred 2ish hour swimmers at the front, the self seeded stuff is a wash. I wish it wasnt that way...

Water temps have been similar to what we have seen in previous years, wetsuit legality will come down to race day as always with this one. With rain, it could be close, without it, Id expect it to be a degree or two over. If its wetsuit optional, we will once again ask wetsuit wearers to step to the side and form a second line that will start after the non wetsuit wearers.

See you in a few weeks.

Brian
Quote Reply
Re: IM Transition [djhuff7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
djhuff7 wrote:
Not much more to add, lots of good info.

Swim start, the line moves pretty darn quick, so whenever you get there will not make too much difference. In 2014 I lined up pretty much in the back and was in the water in 15 mins.

On SN bags, the bike you will pass the SN area twice, once at 50 miles, and again at 100. You can take your bag either time, but not both. The run SN is closer to dead center of the run, so while you do pass it multiple times, I'm not sure what good it would do at ~1/2 mile in, or ~1/2 mile left in the race.

The changing tents will have rows of chairs to use. Do yourself a favor and only look at your stuff or the floor, there are things people do that you can never unsee.

One thing I wish more IMs would do... LP had a trough right as you walked into the tent for a quick relief instead of forcing everyone into porta-potties. Was awesome.

Yes, this :-). IMC had this in Penticton. Good stuff.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Transition [endurathonrd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
endurathonrd wrote:
I think most of you are pretty spot on. The only thing I will add is that Bike Special Needs bags are not necessarily available on the second lap. Because of the way the course is laid out, its possible, but I wouldn't plan on it, especially if youre later in the day. Once that cutoff at the first lap is over, we tear that area down. As some posts have mentioned, once you exit the swim, dismount your bike, etc. we've got you... You cant screw it up! You are physically barricaded in and forced to go through the correct chutes. Hundreds of volunteers will be in transition to help guide you as well (thank them).

No major changes this year, same swim, bike, and run we've used for a few years now. Im sticking with the first come/first serve swim start line. With the 16:30 finish cutoff, the folks who are worried about missing the physical cutoffs will always go at the front, therefore screwing up the process. Once you get a few hundred 2ish hour swimmers at the front, the self seeded stuff is a wash. I wish it wasnt that way...

Water temps have been similar to what we have seen in previous years, wetsuit legality will come down to race day as always with this one. With rain, it could be close, without it, Id expect it to be a degree or two over. If its wetsuit optional, we will once again ask wetsuit wearers to step to the side and form a second line that will start after the non wetsuit wearers.

See you in a few weeks.

Brian

Thanks Brian! This is a huge help knowing how the start of the race will take place. Especially knowing that I am going to want to get down there to the swim area to get settled in if I want to be towards the front of the swim.

Thank you for setting this race up as well. I am sure it is no small task. Looking forward to racing in a couple of weeks.
Quote Reply

Prev Next