Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Post deleted by windschatten
Re: Who is Pieter Heemeryck? [windschatten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A surprise, for sure. But he was 4th in the challenge championship (Samorin) too this year. Strong performance of a (non-full time - i t hink) Pro triathlete i'd say!
Last edited by: maarten.claes: Sep 2, 18 12:54
Quote Reply
Re: Who is Pieter Heemeryck? [maarten.claes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think he is a teacher but can sometimes arrange days extra off for races. That's how it used to be anyway, but he has been getting stronger (international) results the last 2 years I'd say. Second after Brownlee somewhere in a half and indeed at the front in Samorin.

It's impressive that he was the only one that rode up to the lead group after the swim while others got dropped from that group. I suppose he had the fastest bike split.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He is coached by Lubos Bilek, so Pieter trains a lot with Sebastian Kienle, Maurica Clavel and Andi Boecherer, so its not really a surprise he does so well.

I am wondering no one remembers him though, already last year in Chattanooga he was in the top bunch during the bike, riding behind Javier Gomez all the time, and everybody in this forum made fun of his bike fit... I think it was voted the by far worst position in the top group. But I guess making fun of him doesn't necessarily lead to remembering him in this forum =)

So it seems he worked a little on equipment and bikefit and left some energy in his tank this year for the run, compared to last year.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Read his race report:

All out effort after the swim to close a 30 seconds gap to the lead group.

Last 15 km of the bike his DI2 did not work anymore and his gear was too easy but the pace settled down so he was lucky.

Best run of his life, but he says the first 3 are on a completely different level.

He works parttime as a sports teacher in a school.
Quote Reply