Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: What makes Daniela Ryf so good? [dfru] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My bad. Fixed it. My memory isn't so good these days, not that it ever was.
Quote Reply
Re: What makes Daniela Ryf so good? [Rocky M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Chrissie raised the level for the Rinny, Joyce, Cave etc athletes for sure - and I am sure her ghost is alive and well with the Sutton camp. But she wasn't dominant at the 70.3 distance at all, and she can't really hold a candle to Ryf should a bike course have any sort of corner in it. Ryf is more rounded and polished - Chrissie was an absolute beast and able to go crazy and drill herself, and wasn't as strong as Ryf it seems to me, making it harder at the end of race to hold technique. Ryf has had Spirig as an example all her ITU life and now has the coach to get the best out of her in the format that suits her best. Everyone wants to look like Rinny when they run, but Sutton gets his athletes ready to run fast off a big bike and it's almost like they deliberately look terrible with heel striking, like they are coached that way :)

That said - Kona will be amazing and I believe Ryf will set a bar that won't be exceeded for a long, long time...

Brent

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Quote Reply
Re: What makes Daniela Ryf so good? [TriguyBlue] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriguyBlue wrote:
Shambolic wrote:
something along the lines of she has the strength of a man, the body fat of a man and Brett has to hold her back or she would kill herself training... Last year she spent all year injured or not at 100% but I'm looking forward to Kona and seeing what she can really do.

She’s between a regular female and Caster Semenya.
That is a really bad comparison. Ryf looks pretty much like all the others, Caster looks nothing like her competitors.

Terrible Tuesday’s Triathlon
Quote Reply
Re: What makes Daniela Ryf so good? [oscaro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quick question on sidestep this thread took in the first couple of posts.

Does anyone know how often pro triathletes are tested outside of competition? The half-life of modern PEDs is really short, and with the training blocks some athletes are putting in it must be really tempting if there is no history for out of competition testing.

Also, are old test re-evaluated when new analysis methods are available?

In cycling/XC-skiing/track and field only the most stupid athletes are caught during an event, the testing from the event mostly works as a "scare away" mechanism as they know that the test will be re-evaluated for up to 10 years and their medals recalled. Most "Intelligent" dopers that are caught are caught during out of competition testing, or actually sneaking away from out of comp testing....

edit: fixed type-o to increase readability
Last edited by: EiE_: Sep 3, 18 4:47
Quote Reply
Re: What makes Daniela Ryf so good? [EiE_] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
EiE_ wrote:

Does anyone know how often pro triathletes are tested outside of competition? The half-life of modern PEDs is really short, and with the training blocks some athletes are putting in it must be really tempting if there is no history for out of competition testing.

In cycling/XC-skiing/track and field only the most stupid athletes are caught during an event, the testing from the event mostly works as a "scare away" mechanism as they know that the test will be re-evaluated for up to 10 years and their medals recalled. Most "Intelligent" dopers that are caught are caught during out of competition testing, or actually sneaking away from out of comp testing....

I would take that to another thread, or perhaps create one specifically around testing protocols for doping in triathlon.

Otherwise it seems a bit 'odd' to bring it up on a thread about a top athlete. Unless you want to insinuate something. In which case you better be prepared to back it up.
Quote Reply
Re: What makes Daniela Ryf so good? [tuckandgo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tuckandgo wrote:
EiE_ wrote:

I would take that to another thread, or perhaps create one specifically around testing protocols for doping in triathlon.

Otherwise it seems a bit 'odd' to bring it up on a thread about a top athlete. Unless you want to insinuate something. In which case you better be prepared to back it up.

not insinuating anything, i was just curious based on the early comments there. will start a separate topic if i cannot find details on it somewhere else

Andreas
Quote Reply
Re: What makes Daniela Ryf so good? [EiE_] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
not insinuating anything, i was just curious based on the early comments there.//

You mean the comments that were stricken and the poster banned??? I think we can assume that line of discussion is closed in this thread, so lets keep to the topic at hand...
Quote Reply
Re: What makes Daniela Ryf so good? [Livio Livius] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
One word... Genetics

Professional Triathlete
Owner of Blake Becker Multisport Coaching LLC / Team BBMC
blakebeck@gmail.com
http://www.teambbmc.com
Quote Reply
Re: What makes Daniela Ryf so good? [mungub50] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mungub50 wrote:
NordicSkier wrote:
Read the article I posted from Jodie Cunnama. It's her mental game.

“What am I on? I'm on my bike busting my ass six hours a day. What are you on?”

Ha! Good one.

Quote Reply

Prev Next