Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Wheel and tire fit on Cervelo P3
Quote | Reply
I have a then new 2015 P3 (looks the same as the current model) and even older HED Ardennes SL wheels I originally purchased for a road bike. I believe the rims are 23mm wide although the bike shop guy said they were the new, wide profile. I have been using the wheels on the P3 for over a year with Schwalbe 700x23 tires, no problem after I backed out the adjustment screws a few turns. Recently I mounted 25mm Schwalbe One tires and had a significant rubbing issue up by the top of the frame, under the seat, just ahead of the seat stays. Chain stays are close but not rubbing. I backed out the screws even more, but the rubbing only improved a little. Do I just keep backing out the wheel or are these tires too big for this frame? If I find a box of cash buried in my back yard I would like to buy some Jet Plus or Black wheels, which are even wider at 25mm. Will they clear the chain stays? What wide wheel/tire sizes do other P3 owners use?
Quote Reply
Re: Wheel and tire fit on Cervelo P3 [garydunn808] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My S1 can't clear 25c GP4Ks because of hitting the brake bridge, but it can clear 23s. It doesn't care whether the tires are on old narrow rims, Hed C2, or Hed + rims; the tire extends vertically away the same amount. The width increases and I prefer the feel of the wider rims. Take a look at the sides of your rims: if you have more than an extra mm on each side, you should be able to clear the rims, you'll just have to stick to the 23c tires.

I could actually clear the 25c Hutchinson Fusion5 11Storms, but didn't like those tires for other reasons.

The point is, ladies and gentleman, that speed, for lack of a better word, is good. Speed is right, Speed works. Speed clarifies, cuts through, and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have had various P3 models...and have run both HED jet blacks(25mm) and HED stingers(28mm)...even on the classic P3 frame. No problems with any of those wheels.

The issue is clincher tires...you need to stick to 23’s...because they are really closer to 26 once aired up...the 25’s you are using are closer to 28 when pumped up.
Quote Reply
Re: Wheel and tire fit on Cervelo P3 [zooropa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I run a Zipp super 9 disc and 808 NSW on my 2016 P3 both with 25mm tyres without problem.

Have used 25mm Conti 4000 SII; 25mm Conti TT and Vittoria 23mm Corsa Speed all without any rub issues.
Quote Reply
Re: Wheel and tire fit on Cervelo P3 [zooropa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i have a 2011 p3, had the same issues as well with the 25 tires and finally switched to 23 tires but how can i avoid the chainstay rub -non drive side? screws are adjusted properly, do i just tighten the QR without damaging it?

"Pain is NOT temporary,you remember every bit of it"
Quote Reply
Re: Wheel and tire fit on Cervelo P3 [dennism] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’m not exactly sure what you are asking...not sure what wheel you have. But I have used HED Stingers which are around 27/28 mm wide...and I never had any chain stay rub...at all, on a 2012 P3. Even with HED jet blacks on that same bike, with 23mm Vittoria Corsa...never had one issue.

If tightening the QR is changing how it sits in there...I would say the set screws are not adjusted properly...???
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a 2015 P2, same frame I believe, and I’ve had issues with frame rub on my Flo 90 rear and 25mm GP4k’s... dropped back to a 23 and it went away.
Quote Reply