Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Comparing Gels
Quote | Reply
I have been a GU user for many years because... well no reason really. This weekend I ran the San Diego 1/2 Marathon and used Clif Shot in a race for the first time. I have always avoided Clif Shots because it is so so sweet. I was running a pretty steady pace of 9:30's to 9:45's thru mile 8. At that point I downed a Clif Razz-something and busted out the next 3 miles in 9:06, 9:23 & 9:22. I felt like a running madman! At that point I downed another and finished off the race running negative splits.

Anyone have any other race tested gel comparisons they would share.

Anyone have any thoughts on the Clif Shots.
Quote Reply
Re: Comparing Gels [OCTriGeek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
<< Anyone have any thoughts on the Clif Shots.

If my memory serves correct, the Clif Shots have more caffein(sp?) than the GU's with caffein (why can't I spell it, I drink enough of it). I too have been a long time GU user. Bananna Blast and Vanilla Bean are my faves.

What the heck is up with my font?

Brett
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had a similar experience when I tried Hammer Gel at a race - it felt like rocket fuel! Prior to that I've always used Gu or Cliff Shots, which have always worked well for me, but the Hammer Gel just seemed to really have a great effect. Hammer Gel is not easy to find in my area though - I've only be able to get it at race expos, and race expos are in short supply this time of year. Nevertheless, I wonder if it's just a matter of your body adapting to and getting used to one type of fuel, and when you try something new it has a brand new effect on you..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
most gels are pretty much the same, maltodextine based with electrolytes, flavorin etc. clif shot is a little different in that it is a brown rice syrup base versus maltodextrine. most people i've talked to, and i'll second this opinion, seem to think that you actually get less kick out of the clif shot than other gels. the rass sorbet flavor sure is tasty though but it has zero caffeine. You want a kick? Try the new Lava Gel Kona Mocha flavor, 100mg of taurine, 30mg caffeine, that'll get your legs going at mile 90
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I ran the full marathon and shot about 5 Razz-somethings at mile 20 and nothing happend to me. I must have got some defective ones!

------------------------------------------------------------
"No one ever told me they made black fondant!" - Duff Goldman
Quote Reply
Re: Comparing Gels [luvmytrek2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You can order hammergel directly from manufacturer @ www.e-caps.com.

Single servings @ .99 and 26 serving container for $17.99. I've ordered from them before and they have superfast shipping. They also sell some pretty decent cycling shorts for like $34.95. A real bargain and they are comfortable and look cool also.

I think the hammer gels taste better than some of the other gels and they seem to work well for me although I still use Gu as well and apple cinnamon Carboom.

Team Endurance Nation
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
just another suggestion...try Gulp N Go from cytosport (cytomax). Personally I don't like vanilla flavor of other gels, but this one beats everything. The best Gel ever!!!

�The greater danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it.� -Michelangelo

MoodBoost Drink : Mood Support + Energy.
Quote Reply
Re: Comparing Gels [theswiss] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
carb booms rule!

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply