Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cranks with multiple pedal positions?
Quote | Reply
I'm looking to reduce my bike stable by a few bikes and am looking to at combining my road and tri bike into one. eTap and some quick disconnects will take care cockpit swap when needed, but I run different crank lengths on my road and tri bikes. 155 on tri and 172.5 on road.

I'm looking for a crank that either comes with multiple pedals holes, or has enough material on the pedal end that I can drill and tap my own.

Is there such a think out there?

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Cranks with multiple pedal positions? [gmh39] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can only think of Look’s adjustable cranks as an option. But they certainly didn’t have 20mm adjustability.

CC
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I know they are out there because my son had a Trek that had a crank like this. I tried looking quickly but I couldn't combine any search word combo's to find such a thing. It was a kids model and I know the crank was not of any decent quality.
Last edited by: redbicycle: Aug 30, 18 6:59
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Adapter kits to let small fry ride on the backs of tandems sometimes include crank arms drilled for pedals at various lengths. I might have seen them among the recumbent crowd as well.

Your other alternative as you say is to have a second set of pedal holes drilled into a longer crank. This probably the most elegant solution. Only issue you might run into is whether there is enough difference in your desired lengths (seems that way to me, but the person drilling the cranks is the person you would have to convince).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here you go. You're welcome.

Basic Powercranks

Quote Reply
Re: Cranks with multiple pedal positions? [el gato] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yea, that's ~$900. Waaaay more then I want to spend on this.

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Cranks with multiple pedal positions? [redbicycle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The concept is what I'm looking for, but it looks like it is 120mm and 140mm... Oh well, thanks anyway.

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Cranks with multiple pedal positions? [Andrew Coggan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. I'll look into the adapter kits. Never seen them before.

I think drilling a second hole in 172.5 cranks may be my best bet. The holes should fit, I just can't find a crank with enough material between the pedal hole and the bottom bracket to do it...

Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What about getting a 2nd set of pedals and just swapping cranks in and out? That is super easy... not too different than moving the pedals.
Quote Reply
Re: Cranks with multiple pedal positions? [el gato] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You're evil.
Quote Reply
Re: Cranks with multiple pedal positions? [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
While that would work in most cases, I use P2 pedals, and don't have it in my budget for another set.

Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gmh39 wrote:
While that would work in most cases, I use P2 pedals, and don't have it in my budget for another set.

You could buy two cranks and then simply remove and install the pedals as needed. A little kore time consuming but fairly easy to do.
Quote Reply