Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Yet Another IM Deferral Policy Discussion [davejustdave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
davejustdave wrote:
Stacking on to some of the other posts about protecting your finger, instead of using an entire latex glove, you can get these little finger condom thingies that people use for cleaning and what not at the store - they're a little bit thicker and more durable.

A few years ago, the night before a swim run I slipped and cut almost the entire tip of my finger off. I put one of those finger condom thingies on it, taped it with waterproof tape, did a second one on top of that, and was fine In and Out of Water multiple times for a couple hours, over rocks, etc.

It’s called a finger cot.

Let food be thy medicine...
Quote Reply
Re: Yet Another IM Deferral Policy Discussion [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"don't do IM races" and "support smaller races" gets thrown out all the time.

A friend had the idea that the Great Floridian 140.6 would a good option, when he had a death in the family the week of the race, they told him the same thing as IM - sorry to hear this, but we're keeping your money anyway.

I'm closer to the feathered end of the spear than the point.
Quote Reply
Re: Yet Another IM Deferral Policy Discussion [David_Tris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think IM only has deferrals for their full distance. Not for HIM. I think some other non-IM organizers are a little more flexible but I think it would be rare that a week before to allow a deferral. Some might do it with a fee.
Quote Reply

Prev Next