Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Kudos to Rev3
Quote | Reply
I did IM 70.3 Maine again this weekend. This is a licensed race run by the Rev3 team. I’m not in any way affiliated with Rev3. I just want to state in a public forum, hopefully with WTC paying attention, that these guys do a great job and are very worthy partners for the IM brand. I really hope that we as consumers support the races managed by Rev3 and keep it all going. For those of us in the Northeast, Quassy and OOB are two great races to bookend the Summer.
Quote Reply
Re: Kudos to Rev3 [Poon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree, the Rev3 guys have done a fantastic job with Quassy and OOB (the only ones I've raced, though I volunteered at Poconos which also looked great). If only the better known long distance triathlon provider weren't obscenely predatory in their race acquisition strategy, to the detriment and extinction of other races and companies. Monopolies and consistently crowded races suck. (eg, see How Do I Not Draft). Unfortunately my voting dollar hasn't been enough.

To breathe, to feel, to know I'm alive.
Last edited by: Tsunami: Aug 28, 18 9:44
Quote Reply
Re: Kudos to Rev3 [Tsunami] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, the Rev3 guys seem to have aligned themselves with WTC with the Maine race, hopefully to the benefit of both sides. I just hope that kind of arrangement is sustainable.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I hear you. Though it's worth noting that OOB was a wonderful race prior to 1000 extra participants being added and the fee being adjusted upward by what, $200?.

To breathe, to feel, to know I'm alive.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Poon wrote:
I did IM 70.3 Maine again this weekend. This is a licensed race run by the Rev3 team. I’m not in any way affiliated with Rev3. I just want to state in a public forum, hopefully with WTC paying attention, that these guys do a great job and are very worthy partners for the IM brand. I really hope that we as consumers support the races managed by Rev3 and keep it all going. For those of us in the Northeast, Quassy and OOB are two great races to bookend the Summer.

I agree that the race was incredibly well organized and executed. Everything went off on-time, the course was well marked and incredibly well staffed, the volunteers and local law enforcement were great, and overall it was just a fun weekend. I wish I had done it once before WTC got involved just to race that course with 400 people instead of 2,000, but that's not to take anything away from the Rev3 guys.
Quote Reply