Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Lunch IPA
Quote | Reply
A friend told me about this IPA a few years ago and said it was tasty. Found it this weekend finally and it was really good!

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Re: Lunch IPA [Leddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Neighbor brought me back,one. I thought it was ok. Apparently Dinner is really hard to find and is,outstanding. Or maybe I have them backwards
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So we can only drink this at Lunch -- game on -- woo hoo :-)

Graham Wilson
USAT Level III Elite Coach
http://www.thewilsongroup.biz
Quote Reply
Re: Lunch IPA [bluemonkeytri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bluemonkeytri wrote:
Neighbor brought me back,one. I thought it was ok. Apparently Dinner is really hard to find and is,outstanding. Or maybe I have them backwards

From what I read today Dinner is hard to get. I think you can only get it by waiting in line at the brewery.

Lunch isn’t easy to find either. Unless they are brewing more of it now. They would only sell me two bottles but fortunately I was with two other guys so got 4. Today is was down to one per customer.

I thought it was very tasty. It was pricey though.

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yup. they don't distribute Dinner and I believe they only do releases on a quarterly basis.

"Another One" in also a great Maine Beer Co IPA as well. A little easier to find, and personally, I like it more than Lunch.
Last edited by: Fluffyfin: Aug 27, 18 13:57
Quote Reply
Re: Lunch IPA [Fluffyfin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks I’ll keep an eye out for that one.

Last night we were out shopping and I noticed a few of their beers for sale at Wegmans. I didn’t know they could sell it in PA

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
so is there a breakfast one too?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: Lunch IPA [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dr. Tigerchik wrote:
so is there a breakfast one too?

No I don’t think so. It’s actually named after a local whale called lunch.

Quote Reply
Re: Lunch IPA [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maine Beer Co. does the Breakfast IPA, I was out for beers the other night with some friends and one of them ordered in on tap where we were at. Said it was pretty good.

"You can never win or lose if you don't run the race." - Richard Butler

Quote Reply
Re: Lunch IPA [Brian in MA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Brian in MA wrote:
Maine Beer Co. does the Breakfast IPA, I was out for beers the other night with some friends and one of them ordered in on tap where we were at. Said it was pretty good.

Are you sure it was Maine Beer co? I didn’t see it on their beer list or find any mention of it when I googled it.

Maine Beer Company

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Woods & Waters is pretty good.

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm having a Lunch for lunch right now. Underwhelmed. Clean, crisp, very neat finish, but bitter with no hint of grass or citrus, just straight pine. If you're into that IPA flavor profile, I can see how you'd like it, but I like my IPAs with a citrus/Citra character.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Re: Lunch IPA [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:
I'm having a Lunch for lunch right now. Underwhelmed. Clean, crisp, very neat finish, but bitter with no hint of grass or citrus, just straight pine. If you're into that IPA flavor profile, I can see how you'd like it, but I like my IPAs with a citrus/Citra character.

I do like a bitter beer. 21st amendment - brew free or die is a regular for me. It’s good but I wouldn’t make a habit out of it at the price point.

I have the pale ale to try next.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Leddy wrote:
A friend told me about this IPA a few years ago and said it was tasty. Found it this weekend finally and it was really good!

The Beer Yard in Wayne has it in stock (not sure if that's where you found it in your OP).
Quote Reply
Re: Lunch IPA [WelshinPhilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
The Beer Yard in Wayne has it in stock (not sure if that's where you found it in your OP).

Thanks. I have now noticed Maine Brewing beers in local beer gardens. I hadn't really looked to hard for it locally since I didn't think it was available in PA.

I found it in Mays Landing, NJ in a kind of out of the way place.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Leddy wrote:
Quote:

Thanks. I have now noticed Maine Brewing beers in local beer gardens. I hadn't really looked to hard for it locally since I didn't think it was available in PA.

I found it in Mays Landing, NJ in a kind of out of the way place.

Got an incoming sixtel of it reserved to stock the kegerator :)
Quote Reply