Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Quick Survey - Best Cycle Shorts for 100+ Mile Training Days? [FFigawi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry, serious question. What are the major differences between $200 bike shorts and first cheapest choice of $20 ones from Amazon?
Quote Reply
Re: Quick Survey - Best Cycle Shorts for 100+ Mile Training Days? [ask77nl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ask77nl wrote:
Sorry, serious question. What are the major differences between $200 bike shorts and first cheapest choice of $20 ones from Amazon?

I find the pads are more comfortable, the bibs fit better, and they last longer.
Quote Reply
Re: Quick Survey - Best Cycle Shorts for 100+ Mile Training Days? [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DFW_Tri wrote:
Let’s clarify here...road or tri position? I think it makes a difference.

I agree with this. The DeSoto 400 mile bibs are great for me on the road bike, but so are Castelli bibs and Pactimo bibs. On the tri bike, these are all way too bulky and cause a lot of chafing for me. The best shorts I've come across so far for the tri bike are Castelli Free Tri shorts.
Quote Reply
Re: Quick Survey - Best Cycle Shorts for 100+ Mile Training Days? [smallard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For me bib shorts are so much more comfortable. A bit more inconvenient for bathroom breaks but other than that better in every way.

My current favourites are either rapha brevet or rapha pro team. Slightly different fit, compression and pad placement between the two but comfort wise they are my go to shorts for long rides.
Quote Reply
Re: Quick Survey - Best Cycle Shorts for 100+ Mile Training Days? [smallard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DeSoto 400mi bibs.

Train safe & smart
Bob

Quote Reply
Re: Quick Survey - Best Cycle Shorts for 100+ Mile Training Days? [Economist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Two pairs of bibs got holes in the crotch after 18/24 months. The Tribibs ripped in the thigh pulling them up. "
-------
Did you contact Emilio? I have had few problems with my dozens of DeSoto products, but when I have he/they have immediately made it right.

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Re: Quick Survey - Best Cycle Shorts for 100+ Mile Training Days? [TriathlonHolly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriathlonHolly wrote:
In Reply To:
Thom wrote:
TriathlonHolly wrote:
DeSoto 400 Mile shorts HANDS DOWN THE BEST

I know they get a lot of love around here, but they chafe the hell out of me. The stitching around the edge of the pad leaves me raw.

That’s a serious “bumm”er! I can’t use anything else for rides over 50. 5 Ironmans Strong, too! Everyone is different!

I have couple pairs of Emilio’s 400 mi bibs. I just prefer the riviera shorts with 7mm pad for any distance ride. Easier access, too.

YMMV
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It took me a lomg time to realize that I should wear a different short on a road bike vs tri bike
On a road bike I love De Soto 400 miles short but too much material for a tri bike
I wear Huub short or Zerod Long distance short for triathlon!
It seems that fro triathlon position less padding is much better, at least for me.
Quote Reply

Prev Next