Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Running Questions (1) Weight, (2) Lopsided?
Quote | Reply
Hi, as per the subject i have a few running questions.

Q1. Can you add body weight and become a stronger runner? Or is light always best?
I'm nearing mid-40s (age) and for the past ten years i've always been about 147lbs to 153lbs, averaging around 150lbs. I run about a 38min 10km so not slow but not fast. Lately i've wanted to put on some weight to have started eating a lot more than usual over the past three months. I'm now between 156 and 160lbs. If i hit an average of 160 is it realistic to think i can maintain the same run pace as before? i.e. will my body get used to it and build up muscle? BTW, the urge to put on weight is wanting to look healthier and also the feeling that becoming stronger may be healthier.

Q2. Connection between piriformis and back
I have often have piriformis pain in my RIGHT hip. When running longer distances I also get a pain in my upper LEFT back (ie. beside my neck). Can any physios out there make a connection between the two and tell me what's going on? When i'm sitting down it often feels like i'm sitting on my right side more than my left.

Thanks!

C
Quote Reply
Re: Running Questions (1) Weight, (2) Lopsided? [blueQuintana] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm not a physio, but mine likes to evaluate my left hip by checking my back, and it usually manifests more on the right side. I can't give you the details of how or why, but it's at least very possible.

The point is, ladies and gentleman, that speed, for lack of a better word, is good. Speed is right, Speed works. Speed clarifies, cuts through, and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How tall are you?
Quote Reply
Re: Running Questions (1) Weight, (2) Lopsided? [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i'm 5'11", slim frame.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’ve weighed and races all the way from 150lbs to 240 lbs Of course I was fat at 240 but not huge fat. I had gotten into power lifting Could still manage 8min/mile in sprint tris

Lighter was always faster running for me n=1

I have heard it is 1.5 - 2 seconds per mile slower per extra pound of body weight.
Quote Reply