Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Buy a Ventum... get a 2018 Kona Slot??? [RowToTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Has this ever happened? //

IF it had, would it change anyones opinion of the non qualifyiers??
Quote Reply
Re: Buy a Ventum... get a 2018 Kona Slot??? [surrey85] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
surrey85 wrote:
I guess the problem is that its pretty much an acquired taste no matter how you look at it and even when you've come to terms with that its still slower than a P2 with the PD aeria ultimate cockpit for pretty big cash so people are simply having problems liking this one.

The ventum Z is priced competitively against a P2.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: Buy a Ventum... get a 2018 Kona Slot??? [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
Has this ever happened? //

IF it had, would it change anyones opinion of the non qualifyiers??

No idea if it's happened. But if it has or if it's ever going to happen, I would imagine it's going to happen in the 60+ age groups. I don't see it happening in any younger age group unless there was some extreme circumstance someone who was already a relatively known racer, posted several top finishes, couldn't manage qualifying that year for whatever reason (injury, mechanical issue, work commitment, family commitment, etc) and decided to enter the legacy and just got lucky.

blog
Quote Reply
Re: Buy a Ventum... get a 2018 Kona Slot??? [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:
Who cares about Dimond anymore?

Rapp? wait, never mind....
Quote Reply
Re: Buy a Ventum... get a 2018 Kona Slot??? [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No idea if it's happened. But if it has or if it's ever going to happen, I would imagine it's going to happen in the 60+ age groups.//

I won't keep you in suspense any longer, but suffice it to say it has happened many times, and in a lot of AG's. And it has been done by the greatest AG'er in Ironman history, more than once too. Here is the thread from 08 where it was all hashed out. If you read it in its entirety, you will see some of the other folks that got in through the lottery and did well in Kona.

Of course the axing of the lottery made all this discussion moot, but it was good stuff 10 years ago!!!!

https://forum.slowtwitch.com/forum/Slowtwitch_Forums_C1/Triathlon_Forum_F1/who_got_kona_slot_via_lottery_today%3F_(winners'_names_inside_here)_P1749152/
Last edited by: monty: Aug 30, 18 10:15
Quote Reply
Re: Buy a Ventum... get a 2018 Kona Slot??? [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
No idea if it's happened. But if it has or if it's ever going to happen, I would imagine it's going to happen in the 60+ age groups.//

I won't keep you in suspense any longer, but suffice it to say it has happened many times, and in a lot of AG's. And it has been done by the greatest AG'er in Ironman history, more than once too. Here is the thread from 08 where it was all hashed out. If you read it in its entirety, you will see some of the other folks that got in through the lottery and did well in Kona.

Of course the axing of the lottery made all this discussion moot, but it was good stuff 10 years ago!!!!

https://forum.slowtwitch.com/forum/Slowtwitch_Forums_C1/Triathlon_Forum_F1/who_got_kona_slot_via_lottery_today%3F_(winners'_names_inside_here)_P1749152/

Ok so that lottery drawing was from 2008. Neither Missy or Lynn won their AG that year. Lynn DNF'd. Missy was 3rd. But both had won their AG in previous years (Lynn in 2005, and Missy in 2004).

While younger than I expected, it kinda meets what I said earlier as they were both well known racers.

blog
Quote Reply
Re: Buy a Ventum... get a 2018 Kona Slot??? [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As I reread the thread, it seemed Missy had used the lottery a couple/few times, as well as some of the others mentioned? And since she has won it something like 14 or 15 times, probably a good bet one of those times she won..

At any rate, people were asking if it had happened, you can put all the other noise in there you want, like know racers, sandbaggers, whatever. I just pointed out that non qualifiers have done very well in the past, no caveats.
Quote Reply

Prev Next