Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Anyone on the board ever have a Perilymph Fistula or know someone that has?
Quote | Reply
Pretty self explanatory but I am curious if anyone on here has had a Perilymph Fistula or knows of anyone that has. Yes I have searched the archives. Regardless comment here or DM me if you would please. Primarily curious if you/they had surgery right away or tried some conservative approaches (like bed rest with no exertion, no sneezing, straining, coughing etc).

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone on the board ever have a Perilymph Fistula or know someone that has? [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone on the board ever have a Perilymph Fistula or know someone that has? [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thomas - Did you ever get any information on Perilymph Fistula? I know you posted a while ago but I have recently been diagnosed with a possible PLF. I see the ENT surgeon in 3 weeks. It has been recommended that I not fly or swim (currently). I have stopped weight lifting, blowing my nose (farmer blows), and hard interval training. Any feedback? Thank you!

I did find a good article with good references. https://dizziness-and-balance.com/.../unilat/fistula.html
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone on the board ever have a Perilymph Fistula or know someone that has? [GoHard12] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GoHard12 wrote:
Thomas - Did you ever get any information on Perilymph Fistula? I know you posted a while ago but I have recently been diagnosed with a possible PLF. I see the ENT surgeon in 3 weeks. It has been recommended that I not fly or swim (currently). I have stopped weight lifting, blowing my nose (farmer blows), and hard interval training. Any feedback? Thank you!

I did find a good article with good references. https://dizziness-and-balance.com/.../unilat/fistula.html

I did quite a bit of extensive research on the entire ear-balance system back then. You are welcome to DM me about it if you want or I am happy to talk on phone too. PLF is a bit of controversial subject as it tends to be an exploratory surgery and the middle ear is already going to be moist so even if they find fluid during surgery and patch it, they won't know for sure. Things have gotten better over the years for me but I still have lots of issues in that area including negative ear pressure and frequent symptoms with balance, certain sounds being way too loud and other weird issues.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply