Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Shoe help....Kinvera to ?
Quote | Reply
Don't get me wrong I like the Kinvera but I'm realizing the toe box is probably too small for my feet. Anything similar to this shoe with wider toe box?
Quote Reply
Re: Shoe help....Kinvera to ? [endurance1234] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Take a look at Sketchers GoRun 6 or the GoRun/Ride 7.

I went from Hoka to the Run/Ride 7 and have not looked back. The upper is super comfortable. Most comfortable running shoe since the Kwicky Blade Lite.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Altra Escalante
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just switched from kinvaras myself. Ran in them for 3 years or so. Nothing wrong with them but just wanted something different. I went with hoka cavu. But if not sure how it would fare in toe wideness but I love the shoe. Try it out if you can.

For wide toe boxes, altras are king. I tried on the Escalante and HATED it. Fit was ok but it felt so friggin squishy. Too much cushioning for my personal taste, but any model of altra is worth trying for the toebox.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Try on the Hoka Tracers, 1/2 size up

--------------------------------------------
TEAM F3 Undurance
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You could try the Saucony freedom ISO if you wanted to stay in the Saucony family.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: Shoe help....Kinvera to ? [arby] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
arby wrote:
Take a look at Sketchers GoRun 6 or the GoRun/Ride 7.

I went from Hoka to the Run/Ride 7 and have not looked back. The upper is super comfortable. Most comfortable running shoe since the Kwicky Blade Lite.

x2 on Skechers... might not last as long but is cheaper and really impressive. And stupid comfortable upper.

Nike Epic React is a fan favorite of mine but I don't recommend it being the ONLY shoe you own.

Nike Pegasus Turbo is probably the safest lateral move for a all-in-one shoe. I've tried it out, liked it, just not enough for $180 when I have so many shoes already.
Quote Reply
Re: Shoe help....Kinvera to ? [BrentwoodTriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
New Balance Beacon...comes in a 2E as well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Try Brooks pureflow. They are practically the same shoe. I haven't wore either in awhile, but a few years back preferred the Brooks due to a wider toebox.
Quote Reply
Re: Shoe help....Kinvera to ? [arby] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What hoka did you switch from?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I ran almost exclusively in Kinvara's for a few years and really liked them except I kept blowing out the side of the shoe at my pinky toe and would frequently get blisters at the same location. I decided to switch to Altra's for the wider toe box. I went with the Altra One V3 and IMO they feel almost identical to the Kinvara except with more room for my toes. I tried the Esclalantes also, but, like someone else mentioned, they are just too soft and the uppers didn't give me enough support. I've also just recently gotten a pair of the Solstice's - I like them so far, but I've only got about 30 miles in them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have just discovered Kinvara 8's which I am told are unlike other Kinvaras and I am a convert. I mainly run in Hoka coming from Clayton and I am a big fan of the Cavu (slightly harder shoe) that would have a larger toe box. You could probably size down half a size from the Kinvara with Cavu or Mach only. I tried the Altra Escalante and wasn't a fan. I used to run in Altra and went back to the zero drop and it hurt me. Maybe just needed time getting used to again? I did love the Altra One 2.5 some years ago but only after putting a stiffer insole in. Hoka tracers are a lot harder than the Kinvara 8 and are ok for shorter races or training runs but definitely feel sorer after longer runs. I think their toe box is quite narrow too. I didn't like the feel of the Saucony Freedom ISO it felt very dead to me and didn't enjoy running in at all.

Not discrediting anyone but trying to give you my feedback to someone who likes Kinvara, shoes I have run in and mentioned earlier in the post. Have a look at the site below that will definitely help as the guy loves to cut out the toe box if too narrow and you can compare different shoes traits. He did send me on a bum steer with the Escalante though...

http://fellrnr.com/wiki/Shoes
Quote Reply
Re: Shoe help....Kinvera to ? [cjb3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Clayton and Clifton.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Topo Athletic.

Fairly minimalist, narrow heel, wide toe box. minimal drop.
Quote Reply